Books Humor New York Stories 2017 Travel

New York Book Haul

24th August 2017

These are ALL THE BOOKS I acquired while in NY or at the airport on the way.

Airport books:

The Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund, Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann, and Not Working by Lisa Owens.

The rest of these BEAUTIES were found at B&N where I wanted to spend ALL day, and Book Revue, where we nearly did.

Also, had a blind date with a book curtesy of the beautiful Biblioflames, where I could have bought ALL THE CANDLES.

IMG_1766

Some notes:

The book links are Book Depository affiliates. Which means if you choose to buy through them I get a teeny tiny bit of the sale.

The formatting on this post took me two hours.  And it’s still ugly.  But I still love you.

This post was brought to you by several sale tables and a few choice words.

Have you read any of these books?

• Reply Gabi Coatsworth 24th August 2017 at 9:30 pm

Don’t read A Constellation if you’re feeling down. It’s a great book, but set in very hard times. And thanks for mentioning the wonderful Ruth Ozeki – I’ll try her latest.
    This looks like a really good, eclectic list. Enjoy them!

• Reply Danni 24th August 2017 at 9:30 pm

I read The Heart is a Lonely Hunter in HS and hated it, but that m

• Reply Danni 24th August 2017 at 9:32 pm

May have been bc I was in the 1 and only English class I hated. I should reread it. Ditto for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 9:35 am

Flipped through Hunter, and it just may annoy the shit out of me. We shall see.

• Reply Nicole 24th August 2017 at 9:31 pm

Prince of Tides is a gorgeous book.

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 9:34 am

This is what I’m thinking.

• Reply Bookstooge 24th August 2017 at 10:38 pm

I have not read any of these but do have Blake Crouch on my tbr…

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 9:33 am

Start with Wayward Pines.

• Reply Bookstooge 25th August 2017 at 11:12 am

I’ve got that and Dark Matter on my tbr. Any particular reason for starting with the Pines trilogy?

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 2:41 pm

It’s just that’s where I started, and I also like the audio version.

• Bookstooge 25th August 2017 at 10:50 pm

Ahhh, gotcha. I didn’t know if there were easter eggs in Dark Matter or something 🙂

• Reply anhistorianabouttown 25th August 2017 at 2:31 am

Someone else who buys a ton of books in airports and on trips!! I always use my trips to Ireland and the UK for stocking up on chick lit- travel books are the best because you get the joy of reading the book, AND the memories every time you look at it!

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 9:32 am

Thing with the airport books was I thought I’d forgotten my Kindle (!) and being bookless would not do. And I have a hard time getting rid of books, because I associate everything with the time that I bought them. I try to buy at least one (!!!) book from wherever I go.

• Reply Jackie Cangro 25th August 2017 at 4:49 pm

Ooh, I didn’t know that Ruth Ozeki had a new book. I’ll be getting that one now.
    I loved Tale for the Time Being also.

• Reply Lorna 25th August 2017 at 4:52 pm

I got excited, too. But it isn’t new, it’s from 2003.

• Reply Coffee & Books I Didn’t Buy Yesterday – Gin & Lemonade 10th September 2017 at 1:57 pm

[…] And The Fact of a Body from my New York Book Haul. […]