Writing

An Extra Hour & A Writing Prompt

28th October 2018

What have you done with your extra hour?

This has been the house of junk food and movies today. And as I write this Neil and Isla are bonding over Super Mario Bros.

The writing prompt this week was a little backwards, but as promised here are the posts on Prep:

Deb on how blogging isn’t for the fainthearted (also, read the comments.)

Ritu’s wordplay

Carol’s Biscuit Crumbs

Susanne’s Ready or Not

and

Rebecca’s review of a writing submission app (which I need.)

This week’s writing prompt is ROADTRIP, inspired by my recent travels over here.

Add this week’s words by Friday, November 2nd. We’ve already had some great posts!

Have fun, think big, the road’s open.

Photo by Jaron Nix on Unsplash

• Reply johnrieber 28th October 2018 at 7:14 pm

Isn’t the extra hour next week, or is the UK different? Like chips instead of fires? And I have a road trip story to share, finally get to take part in this!

• Reply Lorna 28th October 2018 at 7:36 pm

The UK was today, but I’m bilingual. So happy you have a road trip to share too. I thought you might, somehow.

• Reply johnrieber 28th October 2018 at 7:59 pm

Lorna, road trips are the best, especially when you discover something new!

• Reply Ritu 28th October 2018 at 7:49 pm

The extra hour really meant nothing lol! I was still up early… But at least now I’ll get a bubble bath in this evening as got the kids to bed early!

• Reply Lorna 28th October 2018 at 7:53 pm

Hope you are recovering from the parentals visit, too!

• Reply Ritu 28th October 2018 at 8:06 pm

Their visit was a blessing, only issue was having to sleep on the sofabed which sucks!!!
        And back to school tomorrow means no more lounging around reading!!!

• Reply Susanne Swanson 28th October 2018 at 8:52 pm

We don’t get our extra hour until next weekend. In the meantime, there’s nothing like a good road trip! Now, to narrow them down to one! It will be fun to try. 🙂

• Reply justmuddlingthroughlife 28th October 2018 at 10:12 pm

I’m guessing we can write about any road trip? Do we then publish it to wordpress when written, As long as it is by Friday? Thanks.

• Reply Lorna 29th October 2018 at 9:18 am

Hi Marian, Yep, any road trip by Friday! Please link up to this post somewhere in your road trip post, and I’ll add it to Friday’s roundup of posts.

How to link:

Highlight the text you want to hyperlink/show up as the link.

Click the link icon in the WordPress editor toolbar.

Paste the link to this post (or any post you want to link to)

Click the gear icon, and select ‘open link in new tab’.

Click the green ‘add link’ button.

The text you selected will now be a hyperlink to the URL you added in the Edit box.

Have fun,

Lorna

• Reply Debbie Harris 29th October 2018 at 10:30 am

Thanks Lorna, I enjoyed writing this one 🙂 . Great responses by everyone again this week.

• Reply Lorna 29th October 2018 at 10:34 am

Next one is shaping up already, too!

• Reply justmuddlingthroughlife 30th October 2018 at 11:05 am

ok im a little confused by the instructions above, I have a lot to learn about social media.. here is my link, hope this is ok. https://justmuddlingthroughlife.wordpress.com/2018/10/30/the-worst-road-trip-we-have-ever-had/

• Reply Laurie Stone 30th October 2018 at 8:20 pm

Looks like a good use of that extra hour. The US has our extra hour this weekend. Hmm… think I’ll push the lazy limits to the max.

• Reply lindahobden 30th October 2018 at 8:31 pm

The extra hour …. it was nice to wake up “later” but my cat doesn’t understand time change though!

• Reply rachaelstray 31st October 2018 at 10:22 pm

I was so confused all day on Sunday about what the actual time was!! I spent that extra hour cleaning after our in laws left. I may have also been a wee bit hungover too!!

• Reply Carol Cassara 1st November 2018 at 1:42 am

Road trip. I absolutely love a road trip!!

• Reply Lorna 1st November 2018 at 10:00 am

Roundup of posts going up tomorrow, if you have one.

• Reply Anindya 2nd November 2018 at 6:22 am

Yes, ultimately after some days of going down with viral fever, I have been able to finally write it for the prompt here, Lorna…:)… https://mydailyjournalonline.com/5-undeniable-reasons-to-love-road-trips/ ….. hope you will like this one.

• Reply Carol 5th November 2018 at 12:34 pm

Being retired an extra hour doesn’t really make muh difference to me except there’s more light when I wake up #MMBC

• Reply Flossie 6th November 2018 at 10:02 pm

I was SO looking forward to the extra hour of sleep – we were away visiting friends out of town, the girls and I all staying together in the same attic bedroom, and I’d had visions of the girls getting up early like always and going downstairs to play with their friends, and me slumbering undisturbed. Alas, Essie was having breathing problems all weekend (she has asthma), so I had her in bed next to me to literally make sure she was still breathing, so I got even less sleep than in a normal night because she kept wheezing and coughing herself (and me) awake! Oh, well, I’ll catch up on sleep someday…like when they go to college, maybe?

• Reply Sheryl Chan 9th November 2018 at 10:26 am

Hehe bonding over games can form really strong bonds, too! 😉 As for extra hour, unfortunately we didn’t have that in Singapore, but that’s okay! 😉