Humor Life Shots

How Many Pillows Can You Fit In A Washing Machine?

1st October 2012

This was going to be yesterday’s post, but all the fresh air from the weekend left me too tired to crank up the computer last night.

Anyway.

September’s book group selection was Pontypool Changes Everything. Since the Afterword basically states the movie is better, and people really shouldn’t have read the book, few of us did.

When we got together on Friday night to watch Pontypool, the warm-up act was this, from Even Stevens:

Don’t ask me why. I’m still not sure.

And this was our interpretation of it:

Good friends, good times, good cakes, good night.

On Saturday, Sarge and I went shopping. It looked a little something like this:

20 people have liked this on Facebook so far. Second only to the announcement of our engagement. I’m also getting a lot of compliments on my shoes. Before you ask, they are from here. I may also send this photo to This Is What Disability Looks Like.

When we got home, Sarge wondered aloud: how many pillows can you fit in a washing machine?

Two, apparently. We checked:

On Sunday, we went to a friend’s birthday party. Where I discovered another way to eat more vegetables. Pakora everything.

After that, on the way to my (almost) in-laws’ house for dinner, I looked up and found this:

Beautiful.

How was your weekend?

• Reply Sundry 1st October 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love how Sarge always knows to ask the provocative question. Yes, you need to share that photo far and wide. Glad it was a good weekend.

I went to a move,”Looper,” which was good if violent. Usually we see less popular films earlier in the day, so it was a treat to have lots of other audience members around us laughing at weird times. Some people.

Then we climbed the hills behind our house and had a photo shoot with some aliens we picked up in Roswell,NM earlier in the month. Good times.

• Reply LKD 1st October 2012 at 3:07 pm

I want to see Looper, too!

And I’m debating changing the title of this post to The Question of the Ages. 😉

• Reply Sundry 1st October 2012 at 5:25 pm

It’s a toss up on that title!

• Reply Bella 1st October 2012 at 2:52 pm

May I confess that I haven’t a clue what “Pontypool” is but think this shot of you and your group to be hilarious? I love it when people come together and have a good time and more importantly, when chocolate cupcakes are involved! 🙂

• Reply LKD 1st October 2012 at 3:02 pm

I actually laughed out loud when this happened. And then again when I saw the photo!

I linked to the book and the film. PCE is the book, Pontypool is the film.

Zombies included. 🙂

• Reply becomingcliche 1st October 2012 at 6:32 pm

I LOVE the photo of the pillows in the washer! It looks like someone’s granny mooning us!

• Reply LKD 4th October 2012 at 9:57 am

Seymoura Butts?

• Reply Kourtney Heintz 4th October 2012 at 11:32 pm

I didn’t know you could wash pillows or that two was the limit. 🙂 Congrats on the engagement.

• Reply Jackie Cangro 6th October 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thank you for sorting out the pillow issue. I was planning to wash some bedding this weekend. No kidding. Now if you could tell me how many duvets and mattress covers can you fit in a washing machine, I’ll be all set.

• Reply LKD 8th October 2012 at 3:06 pm

See, this is really an advice blog! As for the pillows, I would go for one, as one of them is still wet and needs to be thrown out. Lovely.