Uncategorized

The Mascot

26th September 2010

Her favourite hang out in my old flat.

This is the cat I belong to.  Her name is CJ and if ever a pet deserved their own blog post, it’s her.    Her mother was the first cat to tolerate my presence, and her name was Cappuccino.  This was another nod to my love of coffee.  And the fact that her markings were like that of a capuchin monkey.  Cappuccino Junior has the same markings, only in gray, with an extra splotch on her shoulders.

CJ likes expensive food and shoes.  She does headstands.  And if she really likes you, she’ll do a headstand in your shoes.  She is a merciless flirt, and a magnet to those who wear black.  Anyone who comes to visit gets antihistamines when they arrive and use of a lint-roller when they leave.

She is psychic.  She knows the precise moment anyone is going to sit on the couch, and she races to get there first.  She usually wins.

If I’m eating, she will jump up and nudge the fork away from my mouth.  This sometimes ends in disaster, for her, when something lands on her head.  You’d think there would be a photo opportunity when that happens, but she is too quick for the camera.  She’s quick, but she’s also a poser.

Sarge is allergic to cats, but she has accepted him as co-human.  She even lets him disturb her reading.

• Reply Sarah 26th September 2010 at 6:22 pm

I did wonder what CJ stood for! She’s a sweetie and a half – definitely should have had her in my handbag and away that time 😉

• Reply LKD 27th September 2010 at 9:05 pm

I’m so sorry I missed your birthday! Owe you a cupcake and a coffee! 🙂

• Reply Sarah 28th September 2010 at 8:16 pm

Aw, don’t worry about it! I’ve been running about like a hectic chicken organising new job and new uni stuff of late! I now work right beside the Starbucks we first met up at if you’re ever about of a lunchtime or work-day-end for a coffee and muffin 🙂

• Reply Carol 26th September 2010 at 9:45 pm

She’s a cutie. They are so much fun. We have a tortoiseshell cat who is friends with Bailey, the dog we had when the cat came to live with us. Since then, we’ve adopted another dog and Twiggy (cat) has decided she is not going to befriend the newcomer. My neighbor has a cat that had kittens a couple of weeks ago, so we’re going to adopt one of them – hopefully it will be friends with second dog and Twiggy will figure out it’s okay. Good excuse to get another cat, don’t you think?

• Reply LKD 27th September 2010 at 9:01 pm

I’ll never get another one. CJ is an only-cat! Good luck getting everyone to get along! 🙂

• Reply Cheesecake For Breakfast « Gin & Lemonade 31st May 2012 at 1:16 pm

[…] an update to this post, and then this one, and finally this one, CJ has gone to live with some friends in Glasgow.  She […]