Books Reading

6 Book Boxes With International Shipping

5th September 2017

I love mail that isn’t bills.  And bookmail is THE BEST.  I look for book subscription services that ship to the UK almost every month.

I even wrote to Book of the Month, asking when they were going to offer international shipping.  I got a very nice, very general non-response.

With the help of some bookish friends who don’t have blogs, I’ve come up with a list of book boxes that do offer international shipping options.

Where do I sign up?

Some notes:

I’ve used two of these myself.

Christmas is coming, you guys.

This list contains a discount code for The Willoughby Book Club. I’ll make a commission if you make a purchase. I found books long before I found the code. Read my disclosure here.

Now for the book subscription boxes.

The Willoughby Book Club

I got a Willoughby subscription as a gift from Neil when I had Isla, because her birth happened around the same time as our first wedding anniversary and your first anniversary is paper.

Click here for a 10% discount to use at The Willoughby Book Club.

My Chronicle Book Box

I reviewed one of these groovy boxes over here.

I chose the mystery option, but you do you.

And speaking of mysteries, there’s  Crime Clubs from The Mysterious Bookshop.

The Book Drop

The Book Drop is a subscription box lovingly created & run by a little independent bookstore at the beach.

Coffee and A Classic

I love book and a beverage deals. Both coffee and classic used loosely according to the site.

And back when I started reading Colleen Hoover’s, books I discovered she started The Bookworm Box, which looks pretty neat.

What book boxes do you get?

Six book subscription services that offer international shipping

Subscribe to get a roundup of posts and other groovy stuff every week!

• Reply Danni 5th September 2017 at 8:19 pm

I want either one of the Crime Clubs or the BookVoyage. That’s what I’m hoping for next year!

• Reply Lorna 6th September 2017 at 1:37 pm

Those are my thoughts, too. That and Muse Monthly. Basically, all the book-mail.

• Reply PrettyMummaSays 6th September 2017 at 12:48 pm

It’s an amazing list. I am gonna take a look.

• Reply Lorna 6th September 2017 at 1:35 pm

Have fun looking and let me know if you sign up for any. 🙂

• Reply Kyla Matton Osborne 6th September 2017 at 6:04 pm

I don’t buy a lot of books these days, as we live directly across from an amazing library. But, back in the day, I used to get monthly cookbooks and crafting/DIY book boxes. I love the idea of a book and tea pairing, too!

• Reply kaitlindcuevas 6th September 2017 at 8:56 pm

What’s wrong with me…I didn’t even know there were book subscription clubs!!!!! You’re rocking my world! I always love ordering books on Amazon, but this sounds even better!

– Kaitlin
    kedgotwed.com

• Reply Lorna 7th September 2017 at 10:36 am

Glad I helped you discover something new!

• Reply EdinburghCook 24th September 2017 at 8:32 am

Couldn’t have said it better….you just rocked my world also! I don’t think I could keep up the pace of a regular book feed though….really tempting!

• Reply Miriam Joy 7th September 2017 at 12:32 pm

I don’t get any, because I can’t afford them — I rarely buy books new (just read a lot of library books and Kindle editions and then buy favourites secondhand) and new books + goodies + postage is always too pricey. (Also, I don’t really buy books I haven’t already read, because shelf space is limited and I’m very fussy: other people picking books for me sounds like a recipe for a lot of 3* reads.) A lot of my book blogging friends get subscriptions like OwlCrate or Illumicrate because those have a YA focus. I’m always jealous when I see the unboxing pictures but I’m not sure a subscription service would actually suit me and my reading / book acquiring habits.

• Reply Lorna 7th September 2017 at 5:28 pm

I only got the one as a gift after Isla was born, because Neil figured my bookshopping would be curtailed. I don’t have any business buying new books, but I am intrigued by all the book boxes!

• Reply Miriam Joy 7th September 2017 at 5:58 pm

I can see the usefulness of it there! I guess I just… don’t really like surprises where books are concerned, so I’d always want to know for sure that the book was something I actually wanted to read.

• Reply Polkadotblonde 7th September 2017 at 9:23 pm

Um, I would love to try all of these!!! Especially the world literature book box and the mirror book box. Such a cool idea! Are they affordable?

• Reply Lorna 8th September 2017 at 4:52 pm

There seems to be a range of prices for each company, depending on how many months you go for, and some places offer multiple boxes. The on-off prices seem reasonable. Each link has pricing info. 🙂

• Reply emmettsabcs 7th September 2017 at 9:54 pm

Such great ideas for the Holidays – there really is nothing better than a new book in the mail!

• Reply Alix Maza 8th September 2017 at 2:09 am

This is so cool! Love the idea of getting foreign books.

Alix | apintsizedlifeblog.com

• Reply Brooke 10th September 2017 at 10:08 pm

Wow I honestly had no idea book boxes even existed! I think it’s so cool to get new book packages & have your next months read be a total surprise! Awesome 🙂

• Reply Kelsey @ There's Something About KM 17th November 2017 at 2:21 pm

I have never heard of any of these boxes, so thank you for sharing! I have been a subscriber of Book of the Month for about a year now – I hope they get international shipping soon!! :X A new subscription I’m trying is Page Habit, which “provides exclusive book subscription boxes featuring author-annotated new release books in a variety of popular genres.” For every box purchased, they make a donation in support of children’s literacy, and, they are an international shipper. 🙂

• Reply April Munday 17th November 2017 at 3:14 pm

I can see that they can be fun, but I don’t think I would like to have someone I don’t know and who doesn’t know me choose books for me. I’m sure there would be wonderful discoveries of books I wouldn’t otherwise have come across, but the chances of disaster are high.

• Reply Anonymous 10th February 2018 at 8:10 am

4.5

• Reply fancypaperblog 25th July 2020 at 5:55 pm

I haven’t actually ever thought of these- would be a great gift for my sister. I must remember!!

• Reply Lorna 25th July 2020 at 7:17 pm

Willouby does gift subs with lots of genre options, plus bespoke based on what you tell them your favourites are. There’s also a couples one where two people get two copies of the same book every month. You could do a book club!