Uncategorized

Nine To Thirty

22nd March 2011

There are nine days until my 30th birthday.  In light of these single digit days, I have revamped my 29 list:

Call Embassy if passport doesn’t appear.

Write blog posts that aren’t lists.

Outline new projects.

Read my 20th book of the year, and possibly more.

Pop my ear.  My cold from last week has moved into my right ear.  Never has the phrase ‘blow it out your ear’ meant so much.

Watch people bake Cakes for Japan, Edinburgh – Tsunami Appeal Fundraiser.

• Reply Faizah Zainal 22nd March 2011 at 4:38 pm

chanced upon your blog, while i was bloghopping 🙂
    i hope you’ll get your passport soon, i’ve read about how you got the photos taken. funny, the way you wrote it.
    aaaand, i like the fact that you’re from Scotland. cause that’s where i want to go one fine day. once my piggy bank is full, that is :p

• Reply LKD 25th March 2011 at 4:07 pm

It is a wonderful place to visit!

• Reply She.Is.Just.A.Rat 22nd March 2011 at 7:24 pm

I dunno…I happen to like your blog posts that ARE lists. 😉 I think you’re okay to do them every once in awhile…

• Reply justjotter 22nd March 2011 at 9:15 pm

Thank goodness I’ve found you. But seriously, wonderful witty writing that makes me laugh out loud. (I’m not fond of those acronyms).

Happiest of Birthdays early, and my wish is that your passport arrives pronto; but definitely in time for the festivities.

• Reply Simon 23rd March 2011 at 2:34 am

Congrats on making ‘Freshly Pressed’. As I’ve found your blog and see you’re 30 in just 8 days – I thought I’d make a point of wishing you a Happy Birthday for then.
    If you’re feeling anything like how I did when I was 30, you’re probably feeling older and wishing you were 20 again so you had more time. Trust me though, that when like me you’re 40 (+ 15 months!), 30 will seem so very young still! So, make the most of your day and of you’re 30th year, ticking off as much as you can from your ’33 and a third’ list. Congrats again on your writing.
    S

• Reply The Hipster 23rd March 2011 at 11:20 am

I’m with Suzanne on the lists. Because I am aging and feeble-minded, I am wishing you a happy birthday now with the full intention of wishing it at a more appropriate time.

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

• Reply LKD 25th March 2011 at 4:06 pm

Today is indeed a good day!

• Reply Rick 23rd March 2011 at 1:54 pm

I agree with the concept “go lists” it’s quick easy reading thats tends to be pithy and I get what your saying, but I also liked your regular article style too so….

• Reply being32 23rd March 2011 at 2:21 pm

As a fellow Aries (and list maker) I know you will be just fine!

• Reply LKD 25th March 2011 at 4:01 pm

I like fellow Aries people. Hello!

• Reply phonymahoney 23rd March 2011 at 5:13 pm

I’m turning 30 in July, and my 29 list is so long, and so unaccomplished. Good luck, I hope you get more done this week than I have in the last 8 months!

• Reply LKD 25th March 2011 at 4:03 pm

Thank you, I’m getting there! Hope you have fun, too!

• Reply Pizza Cottontail 23rd March 2011 at 9:06 pm

Once you turn 30, a list-only blog becomes inevitable. Enjoy youth while you can.

I was out of sorts yesterday and didn’t notice til today that you made Freshly Pressed. Congrats.

• Reply LKD 25th March 2011 at 4:04 pm

It was a pleasant surprise. 🙂

• Reply matthewwaller42 24th March 2011 at 5:33 am

It’s very possible that I will forget to wish you a happy birthday when it comes, given that I have no connection to you other than a humor tag through wordpress. Here, however, I believe I owe you a “happy birthday” wish in exchange for your blog’s entertaining. So here it is in advance: “Happy birthday!”