Uncategorized

The Inside of My Brain On An Ordinary Day

25th February 2012

My silence can be attributed to:

A.  Doing some really exciting stuff in real life.

ii.  Working from home due to a broken lift.

3.  Watching this video over and over:

Found via For the love of bookshops

or True.  All of the above.

What’s inside your brain?

• Reply Emily 25th February 2012 at 11:45 am

The drea about a post-capitalist paradise I woke up from this morning. Tangerine-braised duck on two-sides-pan-fried noodles. Spring. Taking a walk. Finishing today’s Code Year lesson.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 1:33 pm

You’re making me hungry, Em! xox

• Reply redjim99 25th February 2012 at 12:41 pm

Going out for a walk, a good cup of coffee made in our Italian espresso, the rugby.

Jim

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 1:36 pm

Coffee! Yes, how could I forget coffee? I love our coffee machine, the thing that makes what we call zombie coffee!

• Reply JJ Mellors 25th February 2012 at 1:05 pm

I really enjoy your blog and obviously was thinking of you the other day when I took this pic

I hope you give us details on the exciting stuff soon 🙂

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 1:41 pm

Great photo and quote! Thanks for thinking of me. A few of my favourite things!

I don’t want to jinx the exciting stuff, please stay tuned!

• Reply calypte 25th February 2012 at 1:22 pm

Oh, that was just a beautiful film – thank you for find/sharing! 🙂 I’m a bit teared up now, though…

Today my brain is full of art and drawing and colour – which is very typical of me as I need to fill it with code and coursework and revision!

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 1:30 pm

I know, right? Makes me cry, too! Good luck with all your stuff! xox

• Reply becomingcliche 25th February 2012 at 1:42 pm

You don’t want to know what’s in my brain. You just don’t.

• Reply buddhafulkat 25th February 2012 at 2:24 pm

Wonderful video. I got teary eyed at the end!

• Reply aligeorge 26th February 2012 at 1:34 pm

Quite glad I watched that on my own, it’s pretty emotional! Beautiful though, thanks for posting 🙂 I can’t remember what was in my brain before now…

• Reply Hippie Cahier 26th February 2012 at 4:42 pm

That film is nothing short of genius.

“. . . I laugh. I cry. I seldom understand things. . . ” and “. . . I go ’round and ’round the mulberry bush. Why does the weasel go ‘pop’? . . .If life is enjoyed, does it have to be understood.”

Those are the sorts of things that go on inside my head, but I lack the ability to express them in any way that should share the same bandwidth as the video.

Thanks for posting the link and I, too, am excited about your exciting things in real life!

• Reply mywordlyobsessions 27th February 2012 at 9:58 am

J’adore! Absolutely perfect. Must re-blog with immediate effect 🙂 This would be a great little film to be shown in schools on World Book Day. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply LKD 27th February 2012 at 10:05 am

Thanks for sharing. I just read that it won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film!

• Reply mywordlyobsessions 27th February 2012 at 10:57 am

I know! And well deserved too. Wish there were more films made of this quality.

• Reply Blond Duck 27th February 2012 at 1:04 pm

Popped in from SITS! That video is awesome!

• Reply It’s The Little Things | Gin & Lemonade 31st January 2013 at 7:59 pm

[…] Some of you may remember I have a thing for beautiful and nostalgic short films. […]