Humor Shots

10 Reasons I Love Pinterest

13th September 2012

1.  It complements my healthy-eating plan.  When I’m eating grapes or rice-cakes and therefore hungry, it helps to re-pin cake recipes.

2.  I can keep wedding ideas together without glue or paper-cuts.

3.  It’s a source of my daily Zen.

4.  And sometimes it tells me what to do next.

5.  It’s shown my that broken books can be beautiful.

6.  It tells me I’m not the only one.

7.  If I pin a project, I might actually try it.

8.  It helps me visualise.

9.  It’s trying to entice me to eat vegetables.

10.  And I can pin all of the above without jabbing my fingers, dropping the pin, driving over it and getting a flat tire.  It’s accessible that way.

How do you use Pinterest?

• Reply Heather 13th September 2012 at 6:05 pm

I am a pinterest stalker. My job – which I do from the comfort of my living room – involves lots of tedium, so I take a few runs through the overly-long “page” of pins. I don’t know why I don’t have an account. Probably the same reason I refuse to install Facebook on my phone.

• Reply LKD 13th September 2012 at 7:19 pm

Come over to the dark side, Heather. 🙂

• Reply Heather 13th September 2012 at 7:22 pm

For what it’s worth, my husband agrees with you and barely contains his eye-rolling at my paranoia 😉 He just doesn’t understand why I have FB and am on Pinterest, but won’t create an account or give up my phone number. I guess it’s my small way of not conforming.

• Reply LKD 13th September 2012 at 7:29 pm

To be fair, I don’t plug my phone number into sites,either, unless there’s a real world connection somewhere. It isn’t even on FB.

• Reply Marjory 13th September 2012 at 7:07 pm

I don’t get it at all – but maybe I’m too much of an old fart. But, honey – if it makes you happy….

• Reply urbannight 13th September 2012 at 7:13 pm

I know more people who started using Pinterest because of a wedding more than any other reason. I have yet to get on it. For some reason, I keep resisting it.

• Reply LKD 13th September 2012 at 7:16 pm

Resistance is futile I’ve learned…

Start a tea board. 🙂

• Reply miakakiri 14th September 2012 at 1:10 am

I still haven’t figured out the point of Pinterest. Maybe because I’m not that big into photos and don’t have the patience for scrap-booking…. (Or counted cross-stitch, but that’s completely unrelated…)

• Reply pamasaurus 14th September 2012 at 1:14 am

I’m so sad that I had my wedding before Pinterest! I see all these awesome things and feel weird about repinning them, haha. I’m such an addict.

I like to look at the ‘humor’ section when I need a laugh. There’s always something inappropriately funny there 😉

By the way, I followed you. If you’re interested… http://pinterest.com/86thetomato/

• Reply sharechair 14th September 2012 at 1:45 am

I have never looked at Pinterest …. I guess I just don’t ‘get it’. ? I must take another look. Let me know, please, if there is something I need to know 🙂

• Reply Nancy 14th September 2012 at 2:31 am

I love Pinterest for many of the same reasons you listed (except the wedding stuff since I’ve been married almost 27 years). I also love seeing what my friends and family are pinning. I have actually made some of the items I have pinned. Plus it’s an excellent mindless way to unwind after a difficult day.

• Reply Marianne Wheelaghan (@MWheelaghan) 14th September 2012 at 7:15 pm

i also LOVE Pinterest, and also many of the reasons you listed except the wedding stuff because like Nancy I’ve been married a few years. It’s that thing about a picture being worth a thousand words. Of all social media, it is my favourite. I think of it as a treat and would spend way more time if i had it! I also like the fact there’s no obligation to make a comment. Great post 🙂

• Reply LKD 15th September 2012 at 12:03 pm

I posted this when I pinned my 500th pin! In all that, I think I’ve traded comments with two people I don’t know from elsewhere. But it’s such a welcoming place, anyway. You can tell a lot about a person from what they like!

It’s also helped with character sketches as well.

• Reply Bella 14th September 2012 at 11:49 pm

Lorna, I’m looking forward to clicking on those links and discovering just what makes you happy! 🙂

• Reply LKD 15th September 2012 at 12:07 pm

It doesn’t take much to make me happy!

• Reply mylifeisthebestlife 17th September 2012 at 4:59 pm

I ADORE PINTEREST!!!
    I use it for everything I want from my perfect life.