3 Books, 3 Blogs

3 Books, 3 Blogs. And Stuff.

7th July 2017

19756353_10154994556294412_2663225858601401426_nI didn’t finish reading any books this week.  However.  I started three new ones from the various stacks that let us share the house with them.

Another Day in the Death of America – This is wrenching.  But I can’t stop reading it.

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine – This is also wrenching, but in a different way.  And I’m guessing she’s not completely fine.

Saga, Volume 2 – Thanks to my book group by mail, I am slightly obsessed with this series.  Reading this RIGHT NOW because Neil is onto the third one.  And dude does not read faster than me  Ever.  This will not do.

Speaking of books, go join Haley’s online book club.  This is groovy for these reasons: I miss my face-to-face bookish people and this also works.  Because books.  And groovy people reading them.  And I’ve only read two of the books on the list already.

And in my attempt to get more stuff done on the mornings that Isla’s in school, I think I should start a bullet journal.  Which lead me to Clare’s list of 30 ideas to fill blank notebooks.

I went looking for a blank one in the house recently.  And they’re all full.  So I need some new ones.  But at least I’ll know what to do with them.  I mean, it’s not like I have other things to do with them.

Like maybe write a love letter for this project over at You Are Awesome.  We shall see.

As for writing that’s already happened, I really appreciated all the conversation that came about from the 10 things I’ve learned in 7 years of blogging.  Thank you!

What are your 3 books, 3 blogs for this week?

PS. The photo along with this post is what happens when I join in on Isla’s crafting.  I think I’ll stick with writing.

PPS.  Last week’s 3 Books, 3 Blogs can be found here.

• Reply thebeasley 7th July 2017 at 10:12 pm

You are AWESOME! Which 2 books have you read already. All the Light and another?

• Reply Lorna 8th July 2017 at 4:35 pm

I haven’t finished See, but I’ve read Regards and Apologies and A Million Little Pieces. Looking forward to the discussions!

• Reply angelanoelauthor 7th July 2017 at 10:41 pm

Hi Lorna! Thanks so much for the shout out! Love Letters are fun to write, awesome to read, and one of those things that just makes a heart happy. I totally agree, Hayley’s book club will be a fantastic new way to get chatting about great books.

• Reply fancypaperblog 8th July 2017 at 10:27 am

This week I have chewed through ‘Good as Gone’ and am in the middle of ‘The Reader on the 6.27’- good so far😀

• Reply Ritu 8th July 2017 at 10:33 am

I just bought me some new notebooks this week too! Waiting for them to be delivered!

• Reply Lorna 8th July 2017 at 4:38 pm

Share photos when they arrive, so I can be jealous. 😉

• Reply Ritu 8th July 2017 at 11:17 pm

I shall have to!!!

• Reply willowdot21 8th July 2017 at 10:43 am

Hi Lorna Bloggers like youput me to shame , how do you find time to read so much. I have difficulty trading post and blogging .!! I am always having to do this that or the other … Reading is for holiday time. I do love to read note to self read more! Great to meet you 💜

• Reply You Can Always Start Now 8th July 2017 at 10:50 am

On vacation so not much reading or blogging. Trip advisor site for me this week. Having been using bullet journal and love it

• Reply Lucy Mitchell 8th July 2017 at 10:52 am

I just read Eleanor and I found it a bit odd and quite emotional at the end. Loved it though.

• Reply Deb's World 8th July 2017 at 10:53 am

What a great way to share books and blogs, two of my favourite things!! Great post.

• Reply Gloria 8th July 2017 at 11:16 am

Okay…..I can’t read more than one book at a time. I tried but no….can’t!! At the moment I’m reading (almost finished) The Runaway by Claire Wong. Some days I don’t get near my book and I’m a slow reader. I never skip or skim. I need to read every detail!
    Thank you for pointing me towards 30 Ways to Fill Blank Notebooks because I have so many notebooks it gone beyond ridiculous!

• Reply Gabe Burkhardt 8th July 2017 at 12:58 pm

hehehe I feel like there might be a philosophical premise hidden under your attempts at crafting. We all have a finite amount of talent/skill, and you’re such a great writer, there isn’t enough magic dust left to bring the hearts back to life 😉

• Reply SickChristine 8th July 2017 at 12:59 pm

That reminds me, I need to join Hayley’s book club after I finish the book I’m reading now, But Did You Die? It’s a humor book on parenting. It’s hilarious. I got to meet two of the contributors, one of them is a blogger at WordPress and turns out we live in the same town. That was a lucky coincidence. Oh yeah, and as always, love 3 Books, 3 Blogs.

• Reply Lorna 8th July 2017 at 6:11 pm

How cool! Sounds like a book that I would love, too.

• Reply anhistorianabouttown 8th July 2017 at 2:12 pm

I am currently listening to Cleopatra (Stacey Schiff) while I work on The Walk app! I’m addicted to finding out what happens to what happens next in the episode and what bizarre thing Cleopatra is going to come up with next. None of my work in history came close to the ancient period, so it’s nice to branch out!

• Reply Gary 8th July 2017 at 3:03 pm

Aha, you said it was live, I said I was 16 hours late and have just been hit on the head with the anti-amnesia hammer called BligUpYourBlog. Love it and good show bigging up Hayley’s book club. I must get onto that ASAP as the hurrier I go the behinder I get…well seem to be getting, to coin a phrase form a well know bear.

• Reply Lorna 8th July 2017 at 3:05 pm

I’m reading your NaNo post in another tab. Hello!

• Reply Gary 8th July 2017 at 3:19 pm

Haha, sorry that one is quite a ramble! I must stop doing that!! even in replies I seem to be doing it more and more!! Worrying thing though; it will soon be November again and I have a book to finish before that challenge starts!!!!!

• Reply Lorna 8th July 2017 at 3:44 pm

We should do a group one before November. OMFG October?

• Gary 8th July 2017 at 5:14 pm

What?? you mean write a book in October too!! Eeek….and breathe, you just mean a nice get together and pep talk yes lol

• Reply josypheen 8th July 2017 at 7:45 pm

I like the look of the crafting! If you glue them onto a card, they’d make cute birthday cards! 🙂

• Reply folksysnippets 8th July 2017 at 9:15 pm

Re-reading the evergreen Harry Potter series. Potterhead forever!

• Reply Lorna 12th July 2017 at 9:09 am

I’m still half-way through book 4.

• Reply Lisa Orchard (@lisaorchard1) 8th July 2017 at 9:58 pm

I love this idea, but I feel it’ll take me away from my own writing. Sob. I wish I had ten more hours in the day. I just finished “Winter Garden” by Kristen Hannah. Very good. I would recommend reading it! 🙂

• Reply Lorna 12th July 2017 at 9:13 am

I write more now that I’m reading regularly again. Note that I said they weren’t finished reads, ha! Loved Kristin Hannah’s Night Road.