Books

My Fall TBR Pile

19th September 2017

I get excited when The Broke and The Bookish have Top Ten Tuesdays where I can actually list ten books.  Well, I can usually list a hundred books, but y’know.

This week’s list is your Fall TBR.  And I have books for that.  Of course I do.

The books I plan to read this fall are:

Spoonbenders – Daryl Gregory – I found this in an open, accessible bookstore over the weekend and had to get it.  Seems like a quirky family story.  I LOVE QUIRKY FAMILY STORIES.

Commonwealth – Ann Patchett – Unpopular bookish opinion alert: I didn’t like Bel Canto.  But this is another book, so we shall try it.

First line:  The christening party took a turn when Albert Cousins arrived with gin.

My reaction: Sold! Take my money.

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire – DUH – This is where I left off the last time I visited Hogwarts.

4 3 2 1 – Paul Auster – Because Paul Auster.

An Accident In August – Laurence Cosse – This is one for my postal book group.  Which I’m still in.

Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami – Because I really should finish it.

The Rules of Magic – Alice Hoffman – Again, take my money.

City of Bones – Cassandra Clare – I found this whole series in a bargain bin. Really should finish the first one.

The Story of A New Name – Elena Ferrante – It’s been months since I read My Brilliant Friend.  But I’m still in the world of these books.

Living Dead In Dallas – Charlaine Harris – Again, I found this series for a tenner.  Onto the second one.

What books are on your Fall TBR?

It seems this is the season I’ll continue a few book series.

What book series do you need to catch up on?

And who are the authors who can take all your money?

toptentuesday

• Reply Gary 19th September 2017 at 8:49 pm

So, if I mention gin in the title, opening gambit, book blurb or pronotional hype I’d have a sale yes lol. Near list, but seriously you only got to Goblet of Fire?? That makes me OCD boon reader…. Hit it and roll to the end…I did the same with Kings Dark Tower series too. I’ve a large TBR pile myself, but organised into a reading list like this it is not! Might have to seriously think about this now 🤔

• Reply urbannight 19th September 2017 at 11:07 pm

I got on arc reading program. They added science fiction and fantasy to it and so I started signing up for science fiction books and fantasy as well as romance and YA novels. Okay, if I’m honest, I also sign up for erotica but that genre has more misses than hits. I discovered I want even kinky erotica to have a certain level of class. But I am now way behind. I was used to getting titles that only took an hour or two to read. I got hit with a slew of science fiction and fantasy titles all close together that are all 5 – 6 hours of reading and I usually only read two hours a day. That is taking into account that I read fast. I have too many hobbies. I have to fit in a little more than just reading every day. I haven’t even got to the ones I’ve actually bought myself. I think I will need to take a break so I can read a few others. And not to mention that I get lots of free book recommendations from bookbub. I have no problem with the idea of a free first book to try to get people into a new series. That is how I ended up with a few new favorite authors. I bought nearly everything Christopher Nuttall has written because of one free, or maybe a 99 cent, book.

• Reply Caitlin Stern 20th September 2017 at 4:23 am

I’ve seen Spoonbenders around, though I haven’t added it to my TBR. Hope you enjoy it!
    I’m not even going to get into all the series I need to catch up on… o.O My TTT

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 20th September 2017 at 7:38 am

I loved the Sookie Stackhouse books, which reminds me, someone has my whole set!
    City of Bones, is that the same ilk as the Mortal Instruments? If yes they are on my wish to read list.

• Reply Lorna 20th September 2017 at 9:55 am

City of Bones is the first in the Mortal Instruments series, yep. As I got older I am somehow less ashamed of my slight obsession with YA. I could send the books to you as I finish them, if you want?

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 20th September 2017 at 5:39 pm

I’ll probably get then did my tablet but thank you though. It’s like the Lemony Snicket books. I wanted to read all of those but life just got in the way

• Reply FranL 20th September 2017 at 11:24 am

Spoonbenders looks good! I’m definitely planning on catching up on a few series (Maisie Dobbs, The Dresden Files) this season. I

• Reply fattymccupcakes 20th September 2017 at 3:41 pm

I love book posts! It is where I get most of my TBR!!

• Reply Jackie Cangro 20th September 2017 at 8:04 pm

I’ve just started Commonwealth also.

You had me at GIN, Ann Patchett.

• Reply iloveheartlandx 20th September 2017 at 8:17 pm

Ooh The Goblet of Fire is my favourite HP book, I hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/top-ten-tuesday-125/

• Reply Becca Barracuda 29th September 2017 at 5:12 pm

HP is always on my TBR list, for the thousandth time. My GoF has whole chapters falling out of it– ha! I’ve heard City of Bones is supposed to be good!