Writing

Ragtag Daily Prompt: Sitcom

5th June 2018

Right so, I realise I need to write some longer posts, like the London part of my recent London trip.

However, life has been strange lately.  Neil is away for a two week whatever-the-frig he does in the city office, and I MISS HIS GIANT DORK FACE.

This is Tuesday of the second week, so 3 more sleeps.

I am passing the time by eating Ben & Jerrys, taking Isla to a dinosaur museum type thing, begging her to stop swinging off the furniture, and Googling HOW THE HELL DO YOU PULL DOWN WINDOW BLINDS without teaching your kid some new choice words?

Also, I wish I was in NY this week and I need a teleporter.

And did I mention the back fell off my chair and my spare has shitty brakes?

There’s a new bolt in the old chair.  And I’m hoping things stay together for three more days.

But the ice-cream is good.

This is an example of how my life lately is a sitcom.  Maybe like Arrested Development only with less people or hooks.

And so, my offering for the Ragtag Daily Prompt is: SITCOM.

Have at it.

Blurb on the project:

If you use “Ragtag Daily Prompt”, “RDP”, and “Sitcom” as tags, it will be easier to find others who have also used this prompt. A pingback to this post may also make your post easier to find. If you don’t see your link right away, it means it’s in moderation, and will be approved.

You can also write your own post and link back to this one.

We are still early days on this project, and so don’t have a grid available, although we are investigating and experimenting with linking formats and options.

Our volunteer prompters and our days of the week to prompt are as follows:

Happy Writing!

ragtag header.png

• Reply Marilyn Armstrong 5th June 2018 at 6:59 pm

Find it here: https://teepee12.com/2018/06/05/rdp-if-its-not-funny-its-not-comedy-marilyn-armstrong/ and I hope my little contributions help keep this alive. I’m actually following two, so I think I may burn up before the month is over, but I’m going to do my best!

Thanks for doing the work. It’s more work than it looks when you start. I know. I did it for a while.

• Reply Marilyn Armstrong 5th June 2018 at 7:01 pm

Didn’t I do this already? I’m losing track of myself!

• Reply Lorna 5th June 2018 at 7:03 pm

There’s a double today. Another from Steph because I was late. Sorry for confusion. x

• Reply angloswiss 5th June 2018 at 7:29 pm

I wrote my entries for this one and made the ping backs. Thanks for hosting today.

• Reply sgeoil 5th June 2018 at 7:30 pm

Still haven’t figured out pingbacks. Here is my link

• Reply Marilyn Armstrong 5th June 2018 at 7:36 pm

I made a pingback, but i don’t see it. It is linked, though because it got me back here … but it isn’t showing up. I missed Steph’s entirely. I’m not getting the notices on these. I’m finding them, but I have to go digging. I checked the reader yesterday to make sure everything was set correctly, but they aren’t coming through properly. I hope they aren’t doing it on purpose!

• Reply observationsinretail 5th June 2018 at 7:49 pm

Blinds are there only to frustrate us and make our lives moderately better. I think they only function properly when they hear swear words.

• Reply Marilyn Armstrong 5th June 2018 at 7:51 pm

I’m mentioning this because it’s weird and also, I’m not sure what to do about it. When I click on Stephanie’s blog in your list, I bounce to my OWN site via Automattic. I’m sure that was NOT true yesterday, so i don’t understand how come I get MY site when I click HER site. Is it possible you copied the wrong link on her line?

• Reply Lorna 5th June 2018 at 7:55 pm

I din’t copy individual links, I just copied the block and checked the links before I posted. But I can update it.

• Reply Lorna 5th June 2018 at 8:07 pm

Fixed. She has an extra direction in it, which reverts back to other people’s sites. I’ll let her know.

• Reply Losing the Plot 5th June 2018 at 8:02 pm

There is a whole world of chair misadventure that most of us never even contemplate for the most part. I know I didn’t till I was in one, going down a 90 degree faster than anticipated with no safety strap. #funtimes

I want to get involved with your prompt, I’m following with interest but I’ve lost my writing mojo, and hate everything I write. So it hasn’t happened yet

good luck though, hope you build a good following

• Reply Losing the Plot 5th June 2018 at 8:03 pm

hmm commented but no show – in moderation?

• Reply Lorna 5th June 2018 at 8:05 pm

Both up now!

• Reply Sitcom/Flexibility – Bob's Blog 5th June 2018 at 8:39 pm

[…] I’ve seen 2 prompts today. Sitcom and Flexibility. So, I’ll combine the two. Over at the now-defunct daily prompt, which […]

• Reply lindahobden 5th June 2018 at 9:22 pm

I keep my roller blinds rolled up for a reason – once down I can never get them to roll up properly 😊

• Reply Carol Cassara (@ccassara) 5th June 2018 at 9:53 pm

Any woman who passes time eating ice cream is ok by me!

• Reply Losing the Plot 5th June 2018 at 10:04 pm

• Reply Reflections of an Untidy Mind 5th June 2018 at 10:26 pm

These things happen. 🙂 The joys of working across timezones, as well as having a very busy life. Have a coffee. All will be well.

• Reply Sitcom – Oh, border! 5th June 2018 at 11:09 pm

[…] Sitcom is a combination of situation and comedy! Who knew? […]

• Reply Jennifer 6th June 2018 at 2:31 am

All these discussions on blinds make me remember the original Twin Peaks and the lady who would obsessively open and close the blinds. My sister and I would laugh about that. Now I see you, now I don’t.

• Reply livebysurprise 6th June 2018 at 2:38 am

OMG. Isn’t ice cream the BEST right now??

• Reply rachaelstray 6th June 2018 at 9:54 am

Ice cream does solve many of life’s issues!

• Reply Working Out – Family Matters 6th June 2018 at 3:32 pm