Uncategorized

What Made You Happy Today?

29th May 2012

I’ve spent the last few days seeking out stuff to make me happy.  I thought I’d share what I’ve come up with.

1. Searching for ‘Groovy Wedding Invitations’ on Google.   Because, well, I’m getting married.

2. Reading. And reading this.

3. The Penguin Fort

4. Cheese Doritos.  Sarge hates having them around. Therefore, I must eat them.  For the good of my relationship, you understand.

5.  Twisted logic.  See (4)

6. This video. Although I have to say, our pebbles were better.   And not captured on video.   PS. Should I do a video post?

7. This man:

20120529-174759.jpg

My reading rock. After book-group. Which also makes me happy.

What made you happy today?

• Reply calypte 29th May 2012 at 6:32 pm

If you fancy making your own invitations, there’s a shop in Fountainpark does bespoke rubber stamps 🙂

• Reply LKD 29th May 2012 at 6:37 pm

Sarah, you are a legend! That’s exactly what we are looking for! Where’s the shop exactly?

• Reply calypte 30th May 2012 at 9:30 am

It’s called Stamper’s Grove, it’s on the corner before you reach the new flats and cinema heading out of town on the #1 bus 🙂

• Reply LKD 30th May 2012 at 10:21 am

That’s this weekend’s mission sorted, then! Thank you!

• calypte 30th May 2012 at 4:54 pm

Coolio! 🙂 If/when you need a hand with the invitations, you know where I am…! 😀

• LKD 30th May 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you much!

• Reply calypte 30th May 2012 at 9:32 am

And to answer the question… finding a job advert that made me go, “oooh…” 😉

• Reply LKD 30th May 2012 at 10:23 am

PS. I love when that happens. Good luck if you apply!

• Reply Heather 29th May 2012 at 6:40 pm

So many things make my day each day. Today my internet went down for about two hours, so I went outside and finished my book in the warm sun and blowing winds. 🙂 (I work from home, so connectivity is directly tied to productivity)

• Reply LKD 29th May 2012 at 8:04 pm

Sounds lovely. What were you reading?

• Reply Heather 29th May 2012 at 8:07 pm

The Lord of The Rings – for the third time. I don’t re-read many books, but that one pulls me back occasionally 😉

• Reply LKD 29th May 2012 at 8:13 pm

Sarge and I watched all the films over Christmas and I plan to read the books, but I’m starting with The Hobbit!

• Heather 29th May 2012 at 8:24 pm

I read The Hobbit after reading – and watching – LOTR, and its reputation precedes it. The tone of the two is markedly different. This is the first time I’ve read the book since the movie, and in some ways it’s nice, because mental pronunciations for some things comes easier, and some difficult-to-picture characters were given a face. But others were made less lovely or fearful. Such is the way of books and movies, though. Have fun with the reading, whenever you add it to your extensive list/collection 🙂

• Reply Karen 29th May 2012 at 7:56 pm

Making my daughter play hooky from school so we could extend our long weekend by one more day 🙂

• Reply LKD 29th May 2012 at 8:07 pm

Cool, did you do anything special, or just hang out? Which is also cool.

• Reply Karen 29th May 2012 at 10:38 pm

After driving home from Upstate we went on a search for ICE-CREAM as it was 97 degrees here. The first place was closed. The second we couldn’t find and the cooler was broken at the third place! We finally settled on sharing an over-sized portion of strawberry short cake smothered in whipped cream & buried under two large scoops of vanilla ice-cream. It did the trick 🙂

• Reply Cornelia Lohs 29th May 2012 at 8:58 pm

Being on the train to Brussels with my better half made me happy today.

• Reply LKD 29th May 2012 at 9:03 pm

Sounds wonderful. Sarge and I may do Brussels for our honeymoon. Looking at your photos makes me want to go NOW. Tell me more!

• Reply GirlWithTheCane 29th May 2012 at 10:30 pm

mmm…cheese Doritos. They make me happy too! But I didn’t have those today. I did have a nice long nap that made me happy. 🙂

• Reply JH 29th May 2012 at 11:30 pm

Going back to school and pushing my students on the swings. I also got to swing :). Finding something vital to my life that I thought was lost. The beautiful weather (just warm enough with the sun shining).

• Reply laurastanfill 30th May 2012 at 5:26 am

Sitting in the front yard with my kids and the neighbors and knitting a few rows while the baby slept on my chest.

• Reply LKD 30th May 2012 at 9:40 am

Sounds blissful!

• Reply thoughtsappear 30th May 2012 at 1:18 pm

Mmmm…I love cheese Doritos. Every once in awhile I change it up with the Cool Ranch.

• Reply bonaru 31st May 2012 at 12:49 am

cheese doritos also! and yummy sushi. and playing peekaboo with my baby. 🙂 Thanks for such a positive-vibed post!

• Reply subtlekate 31st May 2012 at 5:31 am

Painting my bedroom pink and eating cheese.