Uncategorized

Shakespeare Is Overrated

31st January 2011
Title page of the First Folio, by William Shak...

Image via Wikipedia

Looking for work is my job these days.  If I’m not searching online/offline for vacancies, I’m sending out speculative letters with a copy of my CV, or writing about doing such things.  On Fridays, I go to a job club, which involves sitting around and eating biscuits with other unemployed people.

We talk about goal-setting, and confidence-building and what’s been on television.

Now, I have goals.  And confidence.   I think big.  And outside the box.  I even think outside the big box.

My issue is getting my foot (and my wheels) in the door.  Preferably one with nice people and a job that lets me use my brain on the other side of said door.

But I like Fridays.  There is focus and free biscuits and the chance that more doors may open.

There is also the chance to re-do the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator questionnaire.  I can officially add ‘consistent’ to my list of positive traits.  I got the same score as last time I took it, years ago.  I’m an INFJ.  I should be a writer.  Other INFJs include Shakespeare, Billy Crystal and Eleanor Roosevelt.

I always thought Shakespeare was overrated.  Maybe because we have the same personality type. (Please note, I am not comparing myself to Shakespeare.  But the computer did.)

What’s your type?  Find out here.

If you’re an INFJ, perhaps we should get together for coffee and biscuits.

• Reply Delorfinde 31st January 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hey, I’m INJF too! Though I must say, I found that a really hard test. Half the time I was thinking, “Oh, I’m sort of this, but sort of that …” or “This doesn’t describe me at all…”

• Reply Delorfinde 31st January 2011 at 6:08 pm

That was meant to be INFJ – sorry, I can’t type today.

• Reply LKD 31st January 2011 at 6:15 pm

Sometimes it depends on the kind of day you’re having!

• Reply Sarah 31st January 2011 at 9:04 pm

Today, at least, I am an ISTJ. But we should have coffee and biscuits anyway! 🙂

• Reply LKD 31st January 2011 at 9:10 pm

…Or pizza and movies! See you on the 18th! 🙂

• Reply Sarah 31st January 2011 at 9:36 pm

Indeedy! Hurrah 🙂

• Reply ohemgillie 31st January 2011 at 10:05 pm

I’m an INTJ, same as Jane Austen, CS Lewis, Hilary Clinton, and Michelle Obama (insert respective swoons for each). The description is pretty spot-on – reserved but forward-thinking, sometimes appears to be cold and judgmental.

• Reply Hippie Cahier 1st February 2011 at 4:16 am

I thought Shakespeare was over-rated and dreaded the prospect of having to take a senior level Shakespeare class in college. It was one of my favorite classes ever, mostly because the professor believed so passionately in Shakespeare. It was contagious.

I used to know what MB type I was, but I’ve forgotten. Then again, I’ve changed, so this should be fun. Thanks for the link! (And good luck with the search.)

• Reply LKD 1st February 2011 at 3:19 pm

I had Shakespeare Overkill as well.

And thanks for the good thoughts, Hippie. 🙂

• Reply Oh My Words! 1st February 2011 at 7:55 am

I’m an INTJ too, as well as a job-hunter. (Gee, I hope those aren’t related…) I have to say that I’m jealous of your job/biscuit-eating parties–sounds like a great idea!

• Reply LKD 1st February 2011 at 3:15 pm

Good luck in your search!

• Reply thoughtsappear 1st February 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love taking those types of tests. Thanks for posting the link! I’m ISJF.

• Reply LKD 1st February 2011 at 3:16 pm

Glad I could help!

• Reply Fire Crystals 2nd February 2011 at 11:37 am

I am an ISFJ and my related personalities are Princess Margaret, Jane Fonda, Saint Francis of Assisi…But I know for certain that I am no Saint ((devil))

• Reply Two Years Of Shots | Gin & Lemonade 10th August 2012 at 10:02 am

[…] While I’m still trying to make the world a more accessible place, it isn’t my day job any more.  I’m looking for another one of those. But I still think Shakespeare is overrated. […]