100 Books Or Bust

100 Books Or Bust: Playing Catch-Up

14th May 2011

Last weekend I hit 25, which means I am 11 books behind my target of 100. I am still having fun, and have enjoyed all the books on one level or another, brain-candy or bubble-gum.

Here be the first quarter, in reading order:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling

The Devil’s Star – Jo Nesbø

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) – Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) – Suzanne Collins

Submarine – Joe Dunthorne

The Autobiography of Alice B.Toklas – Gertrude Stein

Working on 26-30!

Other 100 Books posts of mine can be found here.

What have you read this year?

20110514-125524.jpg

recent, current, and on-deck reads

• Reply Spinny Liberal 14th May 2011 at 7:45 pm

Now I feel guilty for dropping out of book club. Good for you, though!!

• Reply dbyorkwriter 14th May 2011 at 8:22 pm

Not enough!! only 8 toward goal – a bunch of smut (A is for Amour, MASTER/slave, Gotta Have It); 2 by Laurie Notaro (Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death and We Thought You’d be Prettier – I totally <3 her); the 2000 Year Old Man in 2000 by Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner; and The Love Talker by Elizabeth Peters.

I'm currently working on Justine by the Marquis De Sade; All the Anxious Girls in the World by Zsusi Gardner; and Damon's book My Two Chinas. I will make goal!

Very much want to read Lemon Cake and The Room. Maybe soon.

• Reply thereadingdate 14th May 2011 at 9:02 pm

Nice job so far! I see some of my favorites on your list. I’m just starting Warm Bodies now. Keep having fun!

• Reply MutantSupermodel 16th May 2011 at 6:03 pm

I’m at 28 and want to do a recap list as well when I hit 30. A quarterly update would’ve been quite smart. 🙂

• Reply calypte 17th May 2011 at 11:31 am

Finished my 30th last night – Shades of Grey, by Jasper Fforde, and very much recommended!

Not counting the way-too-many textbooks, of course. Can’t get off the merry-go-round yet, alas – hope you’ve forgiven me for being a total no-show of late?

• Reply Marie @ Substance of Living 10th February 2014 at 9:40 pm

I’ve never actually set a goal of books to read. Great idea! As it stands, I probably read at least one book a week, which would mean 52 in a year.

If you’re looking for book ideas, please join us each month as we read selected books in our book club.

Cheers,