Coffee Talk Writing

If We Were Having Coffee During NaNoWriMo With A Writing Prompt

4th November 2018

If we were having coffee, I’d say that I haven’t linked up to the official weekendcoffeeshare in a while, so here I am. Hi.

I have actually been trying to post this post since Friday, but bad weather has played with our internet connection and my nerves.

Last week’s writing prompt was ROAD TRIP, thanks to my epic road trip over here. If you’re visiting for the first time, I post a writing prompt every week, and then share people’s responses in a hopefully on time, hurricane-permitting roundup post.

There were some really great road trip writings this week:

Christine’s it was always about the time

Ritu’s reminiscing

Orla’s drive to Dingle

Carol’s Road trip to Where?

John’s travels on the Orient Express

Susanne’s Road to Hana

Marian’s Worst road trip

Anindya’s 5 Undeniable Reasons to Love Road Trips

I think that’s the best list since the writing prompt started! This week’s prompt is HOME.

If you choose to use the prompt, please post your words by Friday, 9th November, and link to this post somewhere in your post to be added to the weekly roundup.

How to link:

Highlight the text you want to hyperlink/show up as the link.

Click the link icon in the WordPress editor toolbar.

Paste the link to this post (or any post you want to link to)

Click the gear icon, and select ‘open link in new tab’.

Click the green ‘add link’ button.

The text you selected will now be a hyperlink to the URL you added in the Edit box.

But before you link, you hafta write. Go do that.

Speaking of writing, who else is doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I am, because for a champion procrastinator, I also like to have goals. My NaNo goal for this year is to draft my first fiction project in too many, many years.

There’s been lots of coffee, and snacking and Netflix. But there’s also been some writing. My fiction brain still works. That feels good. I scheduled a 10K day on my calendar for Saturday. 10K in 24 hours didn’t happen, but I have more words on something new that I didn’t have before. That’s a good thing.

This is my NaNo profile, if you need a writing buddy.

How are your words treating you?

NaNo-2018-Writer-Badge

• Reply CarolCooks2 4th November 2018 at 12:58 pm

I am loving these prompts …They are certainly geting my writing juices flowing 🙂

• Reply Lorna 4th November 2018 at 2:38 pm

I’m glad, Carol. Home will be interesting for me, too!

• Reply CarolCooks2 4th November 2018 at 3:23 pm

I look forward to yours, Lorna 🙂

• Reply ellenbest24 4th November 2018 at 1:32 pm

I hope to join in with a Home post this week. Have a super Sunday.😅

• Reply Lorna 4th November 2018 at 2:33 pm

You too, Ellen. I love when you add your words!

• Reply becomingcliche 4th November 2018 at 1:57 pm

My hope is to have a 10K day today. We shall see. I aimed small at 5k per day because I knew that was doable. Today, though, I have a bit more time. I am doing a write-in with my 9-y-o and his best friend. They are as excited as I am, but they take breaks to play football.

Good luck with your NaNo project!

• Reply Lorna 4th November 2018 at 2:36 pm

Mine is 7K. We shall see, too! I love family write-ins. I’m so happy to see you around again, Heather.

• Reply Kelsey @ There's Something About KM 4th November 2018 at 2:26 pm

Added you as a NaNoWriMo buddy! 🙂

• Reply Lorna 4th November 2018 at 2:37 pm

Thank you, Kelsey. May the words be with you, too!

• Reply johnrieber 4th November 2018 at 3:12 pm

Lorna, thanks for including my “road trip” – I look forward to reading the other entries and sharing them as well!

• Reply Kathleen Howell 4th November 2018 at 4:39 pm

Welcome back to the Weekend Coffee Share! Hope to see you around! 🙂

• Reply SickChristine 4th November 2018 at 5:24 pm

I just finished a blog post about the dog. I will let HOME marinate in my gray matter and see what it comes up with.

• Reply Delicious Life 4th November 2018 at 5:45 pm

Hi Lorna as usual your writing is amazing. I nominated you for the blogger recognition award, please check my post here https://loyolasdeliciouslife.com/2018/11/04/blogger-recognition-award/

• Reply Lorna 5th November 2018 at 2:29 pm

Thanks, Loyola. But most of this post was other people’s writing, ha!

• Reply Delicious Life 5th November 2018 at 3:00 pm

I havde been reading many of your post and I found them great…

• Reply Ritu 4th November 2018 at 9:32 pm

Loved the entries! You are getting a good few regulars now!

Here’s mine for this week!

And well done on getting your fiction brain on girl! NaNo is hard, and you putting a 10K target in one day… wow!!!!

• Reply You Can Always Start Now 5th November 2018 at 12:29 pm

Hi, just added you as writing buddy for NaNo and left message. Have a productive week.

• Reply Anindya 5th November 2018 at 1:13 pm

It’s great to see all these lovely writings on your prompts…..will have to read all these…..and then set down to do the next prompt Home…..thanks Lorna for giving us these nice targets…..:)

• Reply Debbie Harris 6th November 2018 at 11:50 am

Im sorry I missed the Road Trip prompt, life got in the way but I’ve linked up for the Home prompt already 🙂 So pleased you’re writing is going well – keep going! https://debs-world.com/2018/11/06/horse-action-but-not-the-melbourne-cup/

• Reply justmuddlingthroughlife 6th November 2018 at 12:33 pm

Sorry im stuck at the gear icon and opening in new tab, so hope this is ok.

• Reply Lorna 6th November 2018 at 1:08 pm

If you don’t want to hyperlink the text, copy and paste the link to my weekly writing prompt post somewhere in yours. It’s how I keep track of who has words for the week.

• Reply justmuddlingthroughlife 6th November 2018 at 1:10 pm

ok i will do that,

• Reply Lorna 6th November 2018 at 1:20 pm

That worked! It comes into my notifications. Thank you.

• justmuddlingthroughlife 6th November 2018 at 10:38 pm

that’s ok, thank you, I did try the other way but could not get it to work. thanks for letting me do it that way.

• Reply SickChristine 6th November 2018 at 2:04 pm

Ok, here is my contribution to the writing prompt HOME. https://imsickandsoareyou.com/2018/11/06/my-body-is-my-home/

• Reply susielindau 6th November 2018 at 6:10 pm

Any writing counts! Good luck with Nanowrimo. I’ll be typing right beside you!

• Reply Sagittarius Viking 7th November 2018 at 12:59 am

It’s so inspiring to read about people all over the world participating in the writing challenge! Best of luck to you! Thank you for the coffee 🙂

• Reply Writing to find the way home – Rust Belt Girl 8th November 2018 at 3:17 pm

[…] Gin & Lemonade With a Twist writing prompt for the week: […]

• Reply Rebecca Moon Ruark 8th November 2018 at 3:19 pm

Here’s my home addition, just up: https://rustbeltgirlblog.wordpress.com/2018/11/08/writing-to-find-the-way-home/
    Thanks for the writing prompts, Lorna! Fun to read everybody’s (when I should be working on NaNo!)

• Reply Her Solitary Hike too Freedom. – Ellenbest24 8th November 2018 at 4:37 pm

[…] prompt is Home go on press it to join […]

• Reply thatblogwherecheriemovestogermany 9th November 2018 at 10:46 am

My words are still swirling about, not willing to be held down on paper.