Uncategorized

Must Shake Things Up

19th December 2011

This was my do not want list for 2011.  Except for a few items, it worked.  So I’ve been thinking on another one.

I won’t have time for the following things next year.  Because I’ll be having too much fun concentrating on other things.

Boredom.  I used to say that bored people weren’t creative enough.  And then I got over myself.  But boredom isn’t fun, and really isn’t productive.  And so, less of that.  I love my life, I just want to do more with it.

Negativity.  Because No is not cool.

Worry.  It’s a waste of time.  So don’t do it.  Life is good.

Self-induced stress.  Snap out of it.  Burn some incense and chill the hell out.

Unfinished books.  Mine and other people’s.  Read and write to done.

Blank notebooks.  Fill every page with everything.

Fireworks #1

Image by Camera Slayer via Flickr

Bad coffee.  Because I still don’t have the time.

2012 will be a year of adventure.  Of shaking things up and making stuff happen.  Can’t wait!

What’ s on your Do Not Want list for 2012?

• Reply becomingcliche 19th December 2011 at 8:29 pm

I do not want “stuff-itis.” It’s so easy to get caught up in the wants of the world.

And I do not want clutter. When my husband is on vacation, we’re going to do some heavy-duty clearing out and donating.

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 12:59 pm

Clutter is another DNW I should add!

• Reply Jenni (@pathsunfolding) 19th December 2011 at 9:07 pm

This is a fabulous list. I should apply (or not apply, as the case my be) your entire list to my life. Self induced stress and worry are my two big ones. The amount of time I devote to those things, you’d think they were my favorite past time or something. Time to kick that BAD habit.

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:11 pm

I wish you a stress-free year, Jenni!

• Reply Hippie Cahier 19th December 2011 at 10:30 pm

I like this post so much that simply “liking” it with the click-y button wouldn’t do. You’ve inspired me. I’m going to work on my Do Not Want list.

I would wish you a happy 2012, but it looks like you’re already intent on making it that way. That’s one of the things I like about you.

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:02 pm

I love you too, Hipster. How’s your list working out? Happy New Year when it comes!

• Reply lahgitana 19th December 2011 at 11:13 pm

Wonderful, Ms Edinburgh!

I have a list of wants for the Universe, but it never occurred to me to give the Universe the do-not-bring-me-this list! Great idea!

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love the Universe!

• Reply Hello world! | Day in the life of a Busy Gal… 20th December 2011 at 1:16 pm

[…] Must Shake Things Up (ginlemonade.wordpress.com) Share this:FacebookStumbleUponTwitterMoreEmailPrintDiggTumblrRedditLinkedInLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. By showard76 • Posted in Random • Tagged Bacon sandwich, boredom, first blog, Health, medicine, pain, Pain management, sleep, snow 1 […]

• Reply What I am Sooo NOT Doing Next Year, LKD and Dee Pee… « Hyperactive Inefficiency 20th December 2011 at 2:17 pm

[…] LKD over at Gin & Lemonade and my buddy Dee Pee, this post is inspired by […]

• Reply Carol 20th December 2011 at 4:18 pm

A great list, and I agree with every bit of it. Beyond stealing your list, I shall have to give some thought to what I do not want in this coming year.

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:09 pm

Have fun with your list, Carol!

• Reply thoughtsappear 21st December 2011 at 2:41 pm

I do not want 5 extra pounds this holiday season. I’m adding your blank notebook one to my list; that’s a good one!

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:04 pm

I’m looking forward to No Empty Notebooks, too!

• Reply lostnchina 21st December 2011 at 7:28 pm

This is SOO true, it’s almost heart-wrenchingly true: “Bad coffee. Because I still don’t have the time.”

• Reply LKD 28th December 2011 at 1:07 pm

That’s not-so-secretly my favourite! If that one works, the others will be easy!