Reading Through The Stacks

Reading Through the Stacks: February and March

1st April 2012
Four to Score (novel)

Four to Score (novel) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I’ll admit, not a lot of reading has happened in the last two months.  I’ve been busy being engaged, drafting a bunch of my own words and getting older.

I read six books in January.  And seven more whole ones in February and March.

These are them:

Fante: A Family’s Legacy of Writing, Drinking and Surviving

Four to Score

Post Office

Tortilla Flat

The Snow Child

High Five

The Sense of an Ending

And they weren’t even very long.  Must improve.

What are you reading?

• Reply Hippie Cahier 1st April 2012 at 7:45 pm

Me? I’m reading your lovely blog, of course.

• Reply LKD 1st April 2012 at 9:07 pm

I wondered who would say that first. Glad it’s you!

• Reply becomingcliche 1st April 2012 at 7:57 pm

I’m trying to get caught up on my Goodreads wins. It’s a struggle. A lot of them are very not good.

• Reply LKD 1st April 2012 at 9:06 pm

Do you know if they ship free/prize books to the UK?

• Reply Marjory 1st April 2012 at 9:17 pm

I’ve read the entire Stephanie Plum series. It’s easy and fun because its set right here in my neck of the woods!

• Reply bingsy 2nd April 2012 at 12:05 am

Jane Eyre, finished some young adult fiction at the same time When It Happens by Susanne Colasanti (purchased at an event called Librarypalooza – public school library sponsored) and Small Steps by Louis Sachar (sequel to the book Holes)

• Reply Kourtney Heintz 2nd April 2012 at 12:37 am

Hunger Games. I know. Hard to believe, but I hate dystopian. Wish someone had said it was about what a girl would do to save her sister. I would have considered it months ago. 🙂

• Reply LKD 2nd April 2012 at 11:55 am

I was a late convert, too. Mockingjay is in my next pile, though!

• Reply calypte 2nd April 2012 at 10:58 am

Looking for some lighter reading in the lead up to exams, so just finished Tom Holt’s ‘Overtime’ (still meh on TH), and started ‘Side Jobs’ – a collection of short stories from/around Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files (which rock!) 🙂 Also had a bit of nostalgia recently with the ‘Katy Did’ series, so still got the final one of those to invoke more warm’n’fuzzies!