Uncategorized

Words On Love

14th June 2012

Since Sarge and I decided to have our wedding invitations printed, the next question is:  What awesome and entirely appropriate quotes will we include on the invitations?

Last night at the pub I may have said, ‘I’ll arm-wrestle you for that one.’  And now I can’t remember which one was on the block.

Anyway, I thought I’d share some words on love that we both love:

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu

“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
Robert Fulghum, True Love

“I have a million things to talk to you about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk. I want the two of us to begin everything from the beginning.”
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

“I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.”
Jonathan Safran Foer

And the epic and so very true ‘Date A Girl Who Reads’

What are some of your favourite quote/words on love?

penguin and heart

penguin and heart (Photo credit: Scorpions and Centaurs)

• Reply Vaneeesa Blaylock 14th June 2012 at 2:49 pm

aww… yay… so exciting! 🙂

• Reply urbannight 14th June 2012 at 4:07 pm

Your first two are two of my favorites. I have some marked in a mini-book of shakespeare sonnets that were favorites. But I seem to lose books every single time I move and I haven’t seen it in years.

• Reply LKD 14th June 2012 at 6:28 pm

I think the wedding will be a Shakespeare-free zone. If you can find something that changes my mind, more power to you!

• Reply urbannight 14th June 2012 at 6:41 pm

Actually, my favorite sonnet is the backwards one. Totally unsuitable for a wedding. It’s where the speaker compares someone to a whole bunch of unflattering things. It tickles my funny bone. Which is probably why the second quote you included is one of my favorites.

• Reply Nancy 15th June 2012 at 1:07 am

Like good wine, marriage gets better with age – once you learn to keep a cork in it. ~Gene Perret

• Reply 4amWriter 18th June 2012 at 10:06 am

Great choices, and I think I love the Norwegian one most. I love it because it’s a little bit on the rambling side and that’s how I picture being in love.

• Reply Hippie Cahier 18th June 2012 at 11:33 pm

I like the Norwegian Wood quote, too.

• Reply moniqueis 19th June 2012 at 7:51 pm

I like the Lao Tzu quote! I am also recently engaged.

• Reply em6tiowintyta1973 26th September 2012 at 12:32 am

Reblogged this on Ryan Herman Journal.