Humor Life Writing

Welcome to The Year of Awesome

2nd January 2013

Happy New Year!  You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to say that.  So long, I’ll say it again.  Happy New Year!

And so, in the spirit of fresh starts, some  of my resolutions are as follows, committed to the paper in my new journal:

Write every day.  Blog when it’s good.  Hopefully every day.  Maybe every other day.  Blog more, at least.

Re-draft the novel(s) by June.

Write in the morning.  Type in the afternoon.  That rhymes.

Read or watch a movie only after the words.  Write more better words.  PS.  Yesterday’s movie was The Untouchables.  I can’t believe I hadn’t seen it before.

Eat breakfast.  Every day this year, so far!

Stop drinking alcohol.  Except for my hen weekend, and our wedding. And the boozy trifle at my soon-to-be in-laws’ house last night.  Apparently.

Take a social media break on our honeymoon.

Fill out job/all other applications on time and throw the nerves out the window.  Again.

Be present.  For everything.  Because it’s gonna be awesome.

What are you going to do this year?  Whatever it is, I hope it’s awesome!

Post inspired by life, Sarge, The Journal of Awesome and 1000 Awesome Things.  That’s a lot of good stuff.

Starting as we mean to go on.  Waiting for a bus.  On second thought, maybe we should get a car this year.

Starting as we mean to go on. Waiting for a bus. On second thought, maybe we should get a car this year.

• Reply katbiggie 2nd January 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love it! What a great attitude! Congrats on your wedding! And I need to get my novel finished and into editing as well!!! Happy New Year. And I am not even going to pretend that I’m going to give up alcohol!!

• Reply LKD 2nd January 2013 at 3:01 pm

Thanks and happy New Year to you! The wedding isn’t until June, but we are counting the days.

I’ll keep up with your drafting as well!

• Reply momssmallvictories 2nd January 2013 at 3:02 pm

those sound like great resolutions, wishing you an awesome year! i like to read books before seeing the movie too and wish i could commit to blogging everyday, we will just have to say i will blog more often. happy new year!

• Reply LKD 2nd January 2013 at 4:20 pm

I meant watch a movie after I write the day’s words, but reading the book before the movie version is a good one, too!

Happy New Year!

• Reply Bella 2nd January 2013 at 10:44 pm

Lorna, I live vicariously through your pep, zeal, and optimism! Happy New Year, lady! 🙂

• Reply LKD 3rd January 2013 at 12:02 pm

Thanks, Bella. You, too! I wish you a year of great coffee and adventures that I can follow along with! xox

• Reply Miriam Joy 3rd January 2013 at 1:47 pm

Happy New Year! 😀

• Reply Le Clown 3rd January 2013 at 5:39 pm

Lorna,
    The Year of Awesome. Because I’m very happy for you, I will allow it. You can use The Year of the Magnificence™. You’re welcome.
    Le Clown
    PS: Congrats on the upcoming wedding, and your weekly soberness.

• Reply tableofcolors 3rd January 2013 at 10:00 pm

Happy New Year to you too! Loved your positive post!

• Reply The Dose of Reality 5th January 2013 at 2:28 pm

Great list! Sounds like you are totally geared up for the year of awesome! 🙂 Stopping by from SITS Saturday Sharefest.

• Reply Robin Reed Grosland 6th January 2013 at 2:46 am

Love your list. I hope you do create the year of awesome in 2013!

I choose a word for the year. My word for this year is “see.” I want to slow down and see all the thing I usually miss while I’m rushing through life. I want to be present in my life more.

Happy Sharefest. Have a great weekend.