Coffee Talk Humor Life

25 Things About Me

6th June 2017
  1. I was born in Dallas, TX
  2. I grew half-way up on Long Island, NY.
  3. I wrote my first short story about a family of mice when I was 7.
  4. Purple is a way of life.
  5. I have CP.  It’s not a BFD.  But sometimes it sucks.
  6. I’m 36.  And I’ve recently started to look my age.  It’s kinda neat.

11230725_10153135345544412_5232835166351226145_n

This is a picture of me when I wasn’t 36.  I don’t know what was happening on my head.

7. When I was younger I wanted to act on TV just so I could forget my lines and end up on the blooper reel.
  8. My mouth/mind is more dirty than you think, unless you know me.
  9. I’m a LOUD introvert.
  10. I don’t like Paris in the Spring time.  Or any other time.  But it has given me some stories to tell.
  11. My favourite cities are NYC, Edinburgh, Seattle, Florence, Prague, and Bruges.
  12. I did A LOT of traveling when I was in my 20s.  Some of it was solo.
  13. I’m fluent in Italian-American-New-York-English and sarcasm.  Basically the same thing.
  14. I’m maybe not the country girl I thought I was.
  15. But country is still my first music love.
  16. I once had a saltire painted on my face for St. Andrews day.  At work.  All day.
  17. My spirit fictional characters are: Harriet The Spy, Darlene Conner, Anne Shirley, and any character Jeanine Garafolo has ever played.  And Lucy Ricardo.
  18. I used to be a book snob.  Now, not so much.
  19. I love true-crime documentaries.  And Judge Judy.
  20. I quote movies in regular conversation and most people don’t know what the shit I’m talking about.
  21. I like most people.  But not so much the people who don’t know what the shit I’m talking about.
  22. I’m a narcissistic pig.  Not really.
  23. I would pretty much do anything for my family and friends who are family.  Even the Yankee fans.
  24. I tried to write this list without mentioning Isla and Neil.  But they are my heart.
  25. If I’ve ever asked you how you are or what’s going on in your life, it’s because I actually care and honestly want to know.

Your turn.

• Reply CJ | Thirty30Courtney.com 6th June 2017 at 3:51 pm

How ironic, I live in Dallas now. I also absolutely love traveling solo and I’m getting ready to leave for another trip on Friday. I can’t wait!

• Reply Witches Tell The Story 6th June 2017 at 9:04 pm

Great list. I would not know where to start with a list as I have so many things going on with my life. Its really nice to get to know you!!

• Reply becomingcliche 6th June 2017 at 11:56 pm

I, too, am fluent in sarcasm!

• Reply Mal IntoTheCity 7th June 2017 at 1:10 am

Ha, thanks for sharing. Can you elaborate on the loud introvert part?

• Reply Jhilmil 7th June 2017 at 3:46 am

Loved point 21, that’s what I seem to be myself! enjoyed reading

• Reply Oh Beehave! 7th June 2017 at 5:52 am

I love number 25, I think that is my favourite. I wanted to be an actor when I was young too… and watching blooper reels is one of my fave things to do… lol!

• Reply Carol Cassara 7th June 2017 at 9:40 am

Awe! This was an awesome way to share details about you. I found number 7 really cute! That’s a funny way to get into the show business!

• Reply Ana De-Jesus 7th June 2017 at 11:27 am

I would say that I am a loud introvert too. I find social situations like large gatherings really awkward and it makes me feel uncomfortable so I am extra loud to disguise that lol x

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 2:05 pm

Me, too. Also my oldest friends are like, ‘Yeah, you’re not quiet.’

• Reply PrettyMummaSays 7th June 2017 at 12:33 pm

I am converting into a book snob lately. Is that a good thing? Lol.

• Reply Joanna 7th June 2017 at 1:15 pm

I did a lot of traveling in my 20s at well. But I didn’t stop, I still continue to travel and this year more than ever really. I don’t think I’ve been home for an entire month since the beginning of the year.

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 2:03 pm

I haven’t stopped, either. Now, there’s just more luggage, ha! Happy travels to you.

• Reply elenasts 7th June 2017 at 2:35 pm

I am still travelling, but as I am getting old, I will be 32 in couple of weeks, I hate travelling solo. Well, maybe hate is a strong word I do not enjoy it as I used to before.

• Reply alisonrost 8th June 2017 at 1:43 am

What a cool list! I’ve never been able to put words to it, but I know what you say about starting to look our age. For me, it’s the little laugh lines around my eyes that tell of all of the times I’ve smiled (it’s a lot!) x

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hi Alison, I laugh a lot too. My new eye-wrinkle is called Laughline My-Arse.

• Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN 8th June 2017 at 1:02 pm

Love this. I like most people too. I also love NYC it’s great there isn’t it. Wow you’re brave for travelling solo I’d be to scared to do that!

• Reply Lindsey 8th June 2017 at 1:37 pm

I love posts like this. You really get to know a person and see who they are.

• Reply 25 Things About Me – SEO 8th June 2017 at 2:31 pm

[…] via 25 Things About Me — Gin […]

• Reply roadaviator 8th June 2017 at 5:52 pm

Wonderful post. You have covered great points. But I didn’t get “narcissistic pig”??

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 1:29 pm

See, that was the sarcasm.

• Reply Queen Thrifty 8th June 2017 at 7:30 pm

Lol #9 is me also I love your list awesome post!

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 2:01 pm

I love meeting fellow 9s. Hello!

• Reply photosynth35 9th June 2017 at 12:03 am

I have a friend that works with me who has CP. Everyone adores her; she’s the sweetest and sassiest girl ever. Her CP affects her hands and speech mostly, and she always complains about having to fill cannolis (we work in a bakery). We’ve dubbed her the Cannoli Queen! But I can tell that her hands have gotten stronger since she started working with us. We all love our youngest bakery sister.

• Reply Lorna 9th June 2017 at 1:29 pm

Send your friend my blog link! Glad you’re reading, too!

• Reply den 10th June 2017 at 8:48 am

Loud intovert here too! I smiled when I read about the blooper reel portion. 🙂

• Reply Gabe Burkhardt 10th June 2017 at 9:04 am

hehehe I’m a fan of any fan of Lucy Ricardo!

• Reply josypheen 10th June 2017 at 3:51 pm

“When I was younger I wanted to act on TV just so I could forget my lines and end up on the blooper reel.” This is a genuinely cool thing to wish for!! You could totally still do it!? Just make mini movies with Isla and Neil?

It is lovely to learn more about you. 😀

• Reply Lorna 10th June 2017 at 4:19 pm

Well, Neil does think I need a YouTube channel, ha! Have you caught up on all the sleep?

• Reply josypheen 10th June 2017 at 5:01 pm

Yes thank you! I think we’re back to normal now, although last night was the first time we stayed out late enough to see the lit-up night views.

• Reply yang 12th June 2017 at 1:35 pm

This post was deep… like, I could read on till the end with a smile on my face and then suddenly I think of “loud introvert” , I scroll up to read one more time.

• Reply EG III 12th June 2017 at 10:55 pm

Well, hello Lorna. I’m a native of Indiana and near your age (35 now but 36 this year) and I’m going to have to get some language lessons from you because I’ve actually never been to New York (but I’m American-born, have visited Italy and the UK and I frequent the land of sarcasm).

• Reply Elizabeth O 18th June 2017 at 9:03 am

I loved your introduction to yourself. It’s so fascinating how rich our lives are when we stop to put a list together. You live abroad now I see.

• Reply Lorna 18th June 2017 at 9:14 am

Yep, next year makes 25 years in Scotland. Not very good at Math, though.

• Reply What’s It All About, Lorna? – Gin & Lemonade 2nd July 2017 at 5:58 pm

[…] More about me is here: 25 Things About Me […]

• Reply Glenda Cates (@TheMommiesRevie) 4th July 2017 at 3:16 am

Hello it is a pleasure to meet you. Like you I love purple and country music and I cuss. As I am not perfect. I enjoyed this post and look forward to checking out more of your blog.

• Reply 25 things about me – An Entertaining Mess 7th July 2017 at 12:05 pm

[…] absolutely no cleaning done yesterday, I’m borrowing a column idea (down to the title!) from Lorna. […]