Disability Humor Shots

The Answer Is Yes

18th September 2012

Finally, there exists a Shit People Say to People With Disabilities video:

When I was single, and I got ‘the sex question’ as an unsuccessful pickup line, the conversation would go something like this:

Moron:  Can you have sex?

Me:  Yes, but if you have to ask, I won’t be having it with you.

• Reply miakakiri 18th September 2012 at 7:13 pm

Should I be bopped for finding your response-quip both clever and amusing?

• Reply becomingcliche 18th September 2012 at 7:35 pm

Oh, my word. I would stab someone. Wow. Actual quotes.

• Reply LKD 18th September 2012 at 7:51 pm

Scarily accurate quotes.

• Reply urbannight 18th September 2012 at 7:52 pm

I’m glad I wasn’t taking a drink at the time I read that. Sounds exactly like something a friend of mine would say.

• Reply poetprodigy7 18th September 2012 at 9:02 pm

I think, if memory serves me, that someone once asked if my guidedog helps me have sex.
    Seriously. This shit writes itself.

• Reply Ura 18th August 2016 at 10:06 pm

If someone asked me that about my service dog, I would answer, “Yes, I’m into bestiality. Care for a threesome?”

• Reply redjim99 18th September 2012 at 9:48 pm

Did you watch The Last Leg during the Paralympics? Great show , really opened up the debate about what is OK, what did you think of the coverage?

Jim

• Reply Bella 19th September 2012 at 5:14 pm

Lorna, this had me chuckling since it depicts what a pain it is to deal with stupidity. Really, can you tell me where the smart people have gone? Enlighten me and give me hope for personkind! 🙂

• Reply barefoot_med_student 19th September 2012 at 10:05 pm

The guy at 00:38 did the pitying look to a T! Helps to see this video though, I think I may have said one of those quotes once or twice (not the sex one though!).

• Reply J.D. Gallagher 20th September 2012 at 11:45 am

Actual quotes…and yet I am not surprised.

• Reply That's Just Rude! Why Is It "Okay" For People to Say...Girl With The Cane 20th September 2012 at 1:26 pm

[…] awesome blogger friend Lorna did a post on this video over at “Gin and Lemonade”:  http://ginlemonade.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/the-answer-is-yes/. I had never seen the video before, and found myself nodding through most of it. People […]

• Reply There for a reason's Rachel 21st September 2012 at 11:12 am

Can we race?
    A secret, I’ve thought about that.
    But I know I’d lose.
    I don’t have the upper body strength of a Greek God.

• Reply LKD 21st September 2012 at 11:53 am

I s’pose this is the part where I say that when Sarge and I were choosing quotes for our wedding invites, we arm-wrestled for one of them. I got carried away, and forgot to let him win.

• Reply Allison Wright 25th September 2012 at 8:07 pm

What? No head patting?
    You have probably also heard “Did you have an accident?” and “Will you get better?”, and “How long have you been like this?”, and “You are so brave!” (How do they know that?). Hat’s off to all those who either exercise restraint and mountains of courtesy – or, conversely, come up with great responses like yours!
    Allison (pusher of partner’s wheelchair). (“Yes, do you want details?”)