Uncategorized

My Top Ten Books & Authors

12th October 2010

Cover of "The Crow Road"

Cover of The Crow Road

I’m going to add this as a page, but I also thought it could be a post.   Some links contain spoilers, but they are there if you want to click them!

(Some of) My favourite books:

Sense and Sensibility

by Jane Austen

Spring Snow

by Yukio Mishima

Oracle Night

byPaul Auster

And I also think The Road should be required reading for everyone.

I’ll quite happily read everything these people write:

Paul Auster, Haruki Murakami, Michael Chabon, Douglas Coupland, Amy Tan, Alice Hoffman, Augusten Burroughs, A.L Kennedy, Isabel Allende and Jonathan Safran Foer.

What are your favourites books?

• Reply She.Is.Just.A.Rat 12th October 2010 at 3:49 pm

Catcher was such a fantastic novel. And while I have not yet read The Road, I intend to…the movie was fantastic, and I hear the book is the same. May have to look into some of these others…thanks for the suggestions!

• Reply LKD 12th October 2010 at 9:04 pm

You’re welcome! Enjoy!

• Reply Barbara Smith Stoff 12th October 2010 at 4:28 pm

Lorna…most of these books are not known by me. I deeply appreciate your insights…so will begin to look into them!

• Reply LKD 12th October 2010 at 9:06 pm

These are wonderful, or at least I think so! Hope you find some gems! 🙂

• Reply Sarge 12th October 2010 at 4:52 pm

In alphabetical order by author, not a definitive list, ‘cos I change my mind all the time 🙂

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
    The Crow Road – Iain Banks
    Lanark – Alasdair Gray
    On the Road – Jack Kerouac
    Death and the Penguin – Andrey Kurkov
    Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
    Spring Snow – Yukio Mishima
    The Wind-up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami
    1984 – George Orwell
    Gormenghast – Mervyn Peake
    The Illumintatus! Trilogy – Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson

Aren’t you impressed I didn’t just cut and paste ‘Death and the Penguin’ 10 times? 😉 xox

• Reply LKD 12th October 2010 at 9:10 pm

I like your list, there. Can we go for coffee and talk about them? Do you have a girlfriend? Because, y’know, I like boys who read. Just sayin’. 😉

• Reply Nicole 13th October 2010 at 12:02 pm

Hmmm, those are some good books! I’ve been trying to compile a list of my favorites as well, but it’s so hard because I love so many. Lol!

• Reply LKD 13th October 2010 at 6:13 pm

Yep, this was taken from a longer list of about 50! 🙂

• Reply doreen mccabe 18th October 2010 at 11:14 pm

My friend had me read ATOWN LIKE ALICE by Neville Shute.. great.