Reverb10

A Do Not Want List For 2011

15th December 2010
Stop sign

Image via Wikipedia

These are things I could do without next year.  Just for the record.

Insomnia/heartburn/bad stress.  Who needs that?  Even if it does mean blog posts can run through your head at four in the morning.

My internal Editor.  Shut up, seriously.  When in doubt, let it out.  Just do it.  Write it/say it/send it.  And do a little dance when you’re done.

Mail that consists only of bills.  See Item 1.  Anyone want a pen pal?

Fear of turning 30.  It’s happening in March.  If I was scared, I’d be screwed.  Considering that on any given day I feel 8, 19, or 83 and half years old, 30 is just a number.

Cabin fever.   Get out of the house.  Now.

Bad coffee.   I don’t have the time.

Out-of-Order signs on accessible toilets.  Or said toilets being used as supply cupboards.  Or no accessible toilet at all.  Because I don’t want to pee on the floor.

Living in a place called Procrasti Nation.  Do it today.  And then do something else tomorrow.

Unfinished/Neglected projects.  Do SOMETHING towards SOMETHING every day.

Scatterbrain Suzy:  Put your cards back in your damn wallet.  Put the phone back on charge.  Tape your keys to your head.  File your paperwork.  Don’t leave books in the fridge.  Throw stuff away.

Inspired by a Reverb10 prompt.

What’s on your Do Not Want list for next year?

• Reply urbannight 15th December 2010 at 5:32 pm

I have put the milk/juice in the cupboard and the washed out glass in the fridge. I have put the asparagus in the pan I wanted to cook it in and then promptly put the pan back in the cupboar. (not a nice surprise a week later, trying to find that strange smell) And with all the very random places I do find my books and keys, I’ve never left a book in the fridge. (I have found my keys there)

• Reply RuthG 15th December 2010 at 7:09 pm

I especially like “Don’t leave books in the fridge.” I note that it’s not “Don’t PUT books in the fridge.”

Mail that consists only of credit card offers would be on my list. I got three or four yesterday. I am digging OUT of debt. Not going to add any new.

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 1:57 pm

I hear you on the credit card thing!

• Reply Kim @ This Belle Rocks 15th December 2010 at 7:17 pm

On my list? Excess weight. Struggling to pay bills. Haphazard budget. And like you, unfinished/neglected projects.

Just came over via Blog Frog!

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for reading! Hope you finish all your projects next year! 🙂

• Reply Ada 15th December 2010 at 8:56 pm

Great list! I love that you live in “Procrasti-Nation.” I hear you on that one!

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 2:00 pm

I like kindred spirits. Hello!

• Reply Nicole 16th December 2010 at 1:31 am

I don’t want to take life for granted.. I want to experience and enjoy every moment!

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 2:04 pm

I wish the same. Happy New Year when it comes, Nicole! 🙂

• Reply PatriciaD 16th December 2010 at 8:04 pm

Like your list…it could be mine in MANY ways except I just turned 50…wow, 30 was just yesterday…what happened to the time. It flies so be sure you ARE living in the moment. And you’re so right it’s just a number. I remember when my mom turned 30 (I was 11) and I thought she was soooo old. Now I’m fast approaching double that…now that is scary.

I finally found your blog…I was the one on BlogFrog who asked if you had one (didn’t see it on your profile). So, you’re found. Feel free to come visit me, too whenever you have a moment or need to know something about Photoshop. I’m offering a free kit (or elements thereof) each day for 12 days of Christmas if you’re interested. digitalscrapbooklessons.com

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 2:01 pm

Glad you found me, I appreciate your words.

• Reply Venassa 20th December 2010 at 5:17 am

I could do without a lot of that stuff too! The bills one especially. Anyone else let themselves get way behind to do that extra Christmas shopping? Well, that’s me.

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 2:03 pm

Hope you’re caught up now! There’s always Christmas Eve! Have a good one!

• Reply Tara 21st December 2010 at 6:16 am

I’m with you on the “internal editor” business…it’s the number one reason why I’ll probably never write anything lengthier than a blog post or magazine article–I’m my own worst critic!

Good luck with your non-resolutions 🙂

• Reply LKD 23rd December 2010 at 2:06 pm

Thank you, I hope your words flow next year!

• Reply thepaulohana 23rd December 2010 at 8:47 pm

Love it! I really hope that when clock strikes midnight on New Year’s 2011 my procrastinating tendencies leave with 2010!

• Reply Must Shake Things Up « Gin & Lemonade 19th December 2011 at 8:16 pm

[…] This was my do not want list for 2011.  Except for a few items, it worked.  So I’ve been thinking on another one. […]