Uncategorized

30 Days of Music: My Favourite Song

8th April 2011

My quietude may be attributed to:

A.  Getting old(er).

2.  Going gallivanting, and being out of range.

iii. Getting a job.  I now work to make the world a more accessible place.  Yes, really.

Or a mixture of all three.  Yes, I know 30 is not old.  I like being 30, it suits me.  Although, I did recently have to write ‘I’m 30’ for the first time.  I’d never seen it before.  I wrote it, and I said: ‘Holy shit, I’m 30.’  After my shock, I’m good with it again.  30 has already given me a lot to be happy about.

I’ll write up the last few days when I have enough head-space, and enough caffeine in my system to do so.

I’ve been waiting until I’m actually 30 to do the 30 Days of Music, because I’m funny like that.

For now, here’s Billy Joel talking about one of my very favourite, epic-musical-event songs:

• Reply emily @ the happy home 8th April 2011 at 7:03 pm

YES! billy joel always makes me feel better. this and “only the good die young” are on all summer long.

• Reply LKD 9th April 2011 at 10:28 am

Yep, I like that one, too! I can pretty much find a moment to fit every one of his songs!

• Reply Pizza Cottontail 8th April 2011 at 9:09 pm

I turn 31 this year, so I’m going to do some serious soul-searching. Maybe I should do the 30 days of music, too. I saw a 30 days of books thing as well; it has a suggested topic for each day. Does music month have the same thing?

• Reply LKD 9th April 2011 at 10:23 am

I’m also going to do the book one, but not yet. Don’t want to get silly with everything at once!

Here’s the music list:

Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh
      Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument
      Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
      Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
      Day 29 – A song from your childhood
      Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year

• Reply 30 Days of Music: A Song That Makes Me Sad | Gin & Lemonade 11th April 2011 at 10:51 am

[…] decided that the only way to get a more random selection of songs than my version of this list is to ask me what song is playing in my head at any given time.  Don’t worry, I won’t […]

• Reply 30 Days of Music – Days 1-5 « Updates From The Field 23rd June 2011 at 1:23 pm

[…] have had this list for about 2 months (after having found it here). My cousin, The Celtic Goddess, aka Red Leigh Cooper (who, p.s., has a new blog which you can find […]