100 Books Or Bust

100 Books or Bust: Heading For 50

24th October 2011

Well.

Dead Until Dark was the 45th book I’ve read this year.  Not my usual thing, but my brain was buzzing and needed down-time.  I had fun reading some choice lines aloud to Sarge, and finished it in a few hours.

Here’s a list of all the books I’ve read so far this year.  If I finish all the books I’ve got going, I’ll break 50 soon.  However.  I probably won’t make it to 100 books read this year.  I could read a book a day from now until the end of the year, but I won’t.  I’m not giving up, just ‘managing exceptions’.  Maybe my own.

I have a book to write, and a job to go to and adventures to have.  I’ll bring a book everywhere.  Maybe I’ll get to add 55 more titles to my 2011 list.  Maybe not.  But I’ve still read more than last year, and I’ve had fun.  There’s always next year.  And tomorrow.

What are you reading these days?

A bookshelf in my hallway

• Reply lahgitana 24th October 2011 at 4:02 pm

I just HAD to enlarge the photo so I could see the titles–great selection!

I’m finishing “Ransom” by David Malouf, a retelling of the siege of Troy where Achilles is desecrating the dead son of King Priam, Hector, and Priam is preparing to ransom his son’s body. Wonderful read!

I hope lots of folks respond so we can hear about books we’ve not come across!

• Reply LKD 24th October 2011 at 5:01 pm

Thank you, I like them!

I’ll have to check that one out.

I hope so, too!

• Reply Bella 24th October 2011 at 7:29 pm

Lady, you have my total admiration for not only setting the goal to read these many books, but for reading this much period. I wish I had the time. Unfortunately, I squeeze my reaading in any free moment, bus ride, or dental appointment, I have. The last book I read was “Death and Dying” by Hiroshi Obayashi. Not a light read but definitely worth your time!

• Reply David Seòras 25th October 2011 at 9:09 am

currently “The Diving Bell and The Butterfly” by Jean-Dominique Bauby. I’ve read it several times but it never gets old. One of my fave books.

If you haven’t heard of it be careful when searching/reading reviews as most of them don’t have a spoiler alert.

• Reply LKD 25th October 2011 at 8:22 pm

I’ve been avoiding that book for years. Maybe I’ll give it a try.

• Reply calypte 25th October 2011 at 10:04 am

I read Dead Until Dark recently, too – and it was my 42nd book of the year! Mad 🙂 Similar reasons: needed something light and daft. Which actually describes 99% of my reading habits these days… Just finished the excellent Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, and the seriously spooky ‘Red Tree’ by Caitlin Kiernan – a new author for me, and you’re welcome to borrow 🙂

• Reply LKD 25th October 2011 at 8:25 pm

Yay! You know me so well! And American Gods is in my current stack,

• Reply lahgitana 25th October 2011 at 10:36 pm

I LOVED American Gods!

• Reply jeezejulia 25th October 2011 at 9:20 pm

This is my reading list:

I’m working my through it slowly {I’m a REALLY slow reader}, currently on Frankenstein. I was hoping to finish by Halloween, but that may not happen at this point. Like I said, I’m really slow.

Lovely blog! Thanks for your comment on mine 🙂

xx.

• Reply mywordlyobsessions 26th October 2011 at 8:08 pm

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow! You are inching towards your target. Well done 🙂 I’m also a slow reader. 50 books approx. per year though I aim for 60 this year.

So far I’ve got 47 under my belt. Strangely enough I blogged about it today as well. Something I don’t do very often. Good luck with reaching 100, and if you don’t do it this year, there’s always 2012.

• Reply dianeledet 18th November 2011 at 4:47 pm

Hi! I viewed your list of books on Goodreads and see we have read a few of the same books in the past year. Thanks for viewing my blog Bookwinked! I wish you every success in reaching your reading goal. A good book is good for the soul : )

Take care,