Coffee Talk Humor Life

Coffee & Answers

15th July 2017

If we were having coffee, you might remember I’m kindasortamaybe following along with the Ultimate Blog Challenge, or #blogboost.

Today’s prompt is an Ask Me Anything post.ASK ME ANYTHING!

Well.  That could go a lot of ways.

You might also have figured that I’m trying to blog more consistently recently.

My new intro thing to the blog would be:

I’m Lorna. I’m an American living in Scotland for going on 25 years. Share a house in the boonies with my city husband, our 3 year-old daughter, and lots of books. I also have CP. I write about everything. Hi.

I’ve been trying to distill what I write about here, so I can well, write more.

I’ve had some messages from people who didn’t know I was American.  Or a wheelchair-user.  Or sarcastic.  I am all of those things.

Now, I have been blogging for AGES.  However, if people I like can’t glean those rather fundamental details about me, I’ve been sharing my real story kinda wrong.

And so, ask me anything.  I will answer as honestly as possible in the spirit of openness and coffee.

I’ll answer everything.  If a question warrants a long(er) answer, it’ll be a new post.

Anything goes.  The silly, the serious.  The Netflix queue.

I’m gonna make another coffee and settle in.

Ask away.

P.S.   Info on #weekendcoffeeshare is here.

Info on #blogboost is here.

• Reply Nicole 15th July 2017 at 3:02 pm

How did you end up im Scotland? And how did you handle the culture shift? What was the hardest part to adapt to? (I know that is 3 questions. :D)

• Reply Lorna 15th July 2017 at 3:38 pm

I have answers. They are just too big for comment boxes!

• Reply anhistorianabouttown 15th July 2017 at 3:30 pm

What is your number one book? (As hard as that is to answer ?)

• Reply Lorna 15th July 2017 at 3:35 pm

I have 2. Divine Secrets of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Rebecca Wells. And The Crow Road, Iain Banks.

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 15th July 2017 at 5:34 pm

What’s your favourite film?

• Reply Lorna 15th July 2017 at 5:41 pm

Dude. That’s harder than the book question. Here goes: Godfather I, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, Withnail and I, The Station Agent, Eagle Vs, Shark, and The Truth About Cats and Dogs.

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 15th July 2017 at 5:43 pm

Would you believe out if all those I’ve only seen one. That was Pulp Fiction and it too me about three goes to actually ‘get’ it. It was worse than the Matrix, it only took two goes lol.
        Mine would be The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, or Final Fantasy Advent Children which is CGI. I’m a geek lol

• Reply Lorna 15th July 2017 at 5:47 pm

I watched all three LOTR in one weekend. Trippy as.

• The Indecisive Eejit 15th July 2017 at 6:01 pm

It’s impossible to watch one and then not the others. It’s like Steven Kings The Stand, once you start you can’t stop and it’s 6 hours lol

• Reply Gabi Coatsworth 15th July 2017 at 7:02 pm

So you sound like a Scot or an American? I’ve loved bed in the US for over 30 years but still sound very British…

• Reply Lorna 15th July 2017 at 7:06 pm

Depends on who I’m speaking to. But most people think I’m Canadian.

• Reply Gabi Coatsworth 15th July 2017 at 7:04 pm

Holy shit. I always proof myself – except when I don’t.
    I’ve LIVED in the US etc.

• Reply Pamela Morse 15th July 2017 at 8:10 pm

What is your favorite thing about Scotland? Have you been to the Edinburgh Castle? How about the Edinburgh Festival? I am descended three ways from Robert the Bruce, and have not been top visit my ancestral homeland…

• Reply Rowena 17th July 2017 at 5:52 am

My ancestors come from Islay and I’m descended from Somerled.

• Reply Ritu 16th July 2017 at 10:00 am

Fave music genre??,

• Reply Lorna 16th July 2017 at 10:47 am

Last.fm says my top artists are Alanis, Lee Brice, and Billy Joel. Figure that out. Ha!

• Reply Ritu 16th July 2017 at 10:56 am

Lol!!! Eclectic… like mine!!!

• Reply emfletche 16th July 2017 at 10:29 am

Would you rather be chased by 100 duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck? 🙂

• Reply Lorna 16th July 2017 at 11:02 am

Spent a bunch of time getting chased by swans at Uni, so none of the above.

• Reply Gloria 16th July 2017 at 11:52 am

What’s your favourite smell? What smell makes you close your eyes and smile?

• Reply Lorna 16th July 2017 at 12:10 pm

Fave question alert!

• Reply Glenda Cates (@TheMommiesRevie) 16th July 2017 at 11:59 am

For someone visiting Scotland what is the one place you would tell them they have to visit and why? As well as where they should eat and what should they order?

• Reply Lorna 20th July 2017 at 8:03 pm

That’s a future post!

• Reply bettylouise31 16th July 2017 at 1:25 pm

Happy to meet you. Scotland got my eye. One of my Grandmother’s family came from there

• Reply angelanoelauthor 16th July 2017 at 1:26 pm

I love this post idea! Here’s my question: what are you most excited about right now?

• Reply Lorna 17th July 2017 at 10:10 pm

THE TRIP.

• Reply The Headache Helper 16th July 2017 at 2:15 pm

What do you miss most about America? And what do you love most about Scotland? 🙂

• Reply Kandas @GratitudeGeek 16th July 2017 at 4:24 pm

Where in Scotland do you feel most in awe of all that is glorious about our planet Earth?

• Reply Lorna 20th July 2017 at 8:01 pm

Anywhere my daughter is.

• Reply Corina 16th July 2017 at 11:06 pm

It’s National Ice Cream Day in the U.S. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

• Reply Lorna 17th July 2017 at 10:09 pm

Easy one. Mint chocolate chip.

• Reply Rowena 17th July 2017 at 6:03 am

Hi Lorna,
    Pleased to meet you. Where abouts in Scotsland are you living? My aunt has just been over there from Australia to attend a conference in Edinburgh and went to see where our family came from in Garve. People thought she was mad wanting to go there but she did get to the Little Garve Bridge which looked really sweet. I was looking up places for her before she left. On the other side, my family comes from Islay and I’m related to the people who founded Le froig Whiskey.
    I was interested to read you have CP. I have an auto-immune disease called dermatomyositis where your muscles attack each other, resulting in muscle loss. I am a member of Muscular Dystrophy association and so I feel quite connection with CP people, although the competition gets pretty fierce in Bocce.
    My mobility varies quite a lot and is largely dependent on whether the dermatomyositis is in remission or not. I’ve been in remission for 3 years and my mobility is the best it;s been in 10 years. At the same time, negotiating crowds, pot holes in footpaths and long trips can be a problem and I’ll use a stick.
    I did, however, attend the Sydney Opera House in a wheelchair last year and wrote about it: https://beyondtheflow.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/a-wheely-good-night-at-the-sydney-opera-house/
    It’s been great to meet you.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

• Reply SaraD. (@saraassistsyou) 17th July 2017 at 7:20 am

Hi, Lorna. Is CP Cerebral Palsy?
    How did you end up in Scotland?
    Is this your first time with #blogboost?
    Where in America did you grow up?
    Okay, that’s about it. I’ll follow you on Instagram so you can answer there too if you like. ^_^