Real-talk time, I was going to call this 17 Things That Piss Me Off. However. That only helps me, while these stress-busters will help you, too. Maybe. As my Ma says, just try it.
- I like to watch my kid paint. Take this morning as an example. She’d had three halves of two different breakfasts. My workspace/the kitchen table was piled with bulk buys from Costco, and Isla is off from school for two weeks, because Fall break. But. I found myself mesmorised by her swirls. Neon pink, orange, purple. And we managed to hide that one before everything turned brown. I’m so happy I may frame it.
- I LOVE a good book, time to read it, and that moment in the story where I know I can settle in and trust the journey the author is taking me on.
- Coffee that is lukewarm enough for me to drink quickly.
- All the possibilities of a new notebook. Or 5.
- Hitting ‘Publish’ on a blog post. When all the fiddly stuff is finished and the green banner thing flashes on the screen.
- Songs that are actually events. Like this one.
- Teal. I know I say purple is a way of life, but teal and all its surprising variations helps me live that life.
- Conversations with my kid. And writing them down. This is one from today: Me: May I play with you?
Isla: No, because this game is for kids. But you can keep doing that thing with my hair. Because it’s nice.
Me: Oh, good.
- TV that makes me feel. Or think. Preferably both. Nothing beats a smart human-centric documentary.
- Movies that I either haven’t seen or ones that I’ve worn out, and can quote til the end. Do you people have clubs?
- Anything hazelnut. But I’m not big on Nutella.
- Automatic writing. Especially if it’s mine.
- Remembering all the people I came from.
- The family I chose. Bonus points of they claim me, too.
- Laughing with.
- Having things to look forward to.
What chills you out?
Join the new Gin & Lemonade newsletter!
Subscribe to get post alerts and other groovy stuff every week!