Coffee Talk

Coffee & Camp NaNoWriMo

23rd June 2018
pexels-photo-414716

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

If we were having coffee, I’d say that Isla’s 4th birthday is next week!  Regular readers might remember her third birthday.

Let’s hope we can contain the balloons this year.

Speaking of coffee, check out this thing of beauty from Toast Coffeehouse.  I miss the old country and wish they delivered.  Or, I’d just like to see my friends again.  That would work.

Speaking of friends, Katie from Fatty McCupcakes will be visiting me as part of her UK tour.  We’re thinking of doing some sort of joint blog post thing, although I don’t know what.  Stay tuned.

Also coming up, I’m participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this year.  Yes, really.  Maybe the change of season will mean I’ll make some real progress on a writing project, once I figure out what that should be.

I’m still working through the Tribe Writers course as well.  I watch the videos in the evening when Isla is in bed.  Watch is a strong word, though.  The connection is not so good up here.  There’s a lot of buffering and freezing, and then getting frustrated and watching Netflix.

We just finished The Staircase, although I watched the original documentary, too.  And I still don’t think the dude did it.  This article contains spoilers, but it’s interesting.

But getting back to writing, there’s a new mission statement blog post coming up.

Speaking of blog posts, I’m no longer participating in Ragtag Daily prompt.  That was short and confusing.

I’m thinking up ideas for my own little prompt party.  Or something.

And there will be a bunch of stuff happening to celebrate 8 years of blogging and about a year and a half of doing so seriously.  Hi.

You may have noticed that I’ve added a Buy Me A Coffee button to the sidebar of the blog.

It looks like this:

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

If you like my writing, and want to help keep the blog going, please consider clicking the button.  I appreciate your support.  Any coffee money from you groovy people will go towards the running costs of Gin & Lemonade. Thank you.

• Reply Antoinette Truglio Martin 23rd June 2018 at 9:12 pm

It’s summer. Maybe I will finally take on a NaNo project. Perhaps we’ll see each other there.

• Reply Lorna 23rd June 2018 at 9:15 pm

Happy writing! And I was just reading about your family weekend. Sounds wonderful.

• Reply Gary A Wilson 23rd June 2018 at 9:16 pm

Hi Lorna –

I’ll take dibbs on being your first comment-er this week. I don’t know that we’ve met, but my past few months of being new to the coffee share club has been something of a blurr. I would pay good money to meet you at Skye’s best coffee joint and I’ll be buying. As a new blogger – I feel like a rank newbie – still learning some of the really dumb things.

I’m using a WordPress free site which means little real support outside of what can be found on YouTube – which barely counts as support. It’s closer to crowd-first-aid-syndrome than actual help sometimes.

I’m going to poke around your blog and learn what I can.

My own project is pretty simple, but just learned that because most of my posts are meant to part of a limited collection rather than a flow of blog posts, my followers are not even notified because, that’s not what WP does I guess. Anyway, if you are ever in the mood for a rowdy, quick and funny read, please stop by my collection and try out a few stories. These two stores are my first and most popular stories. I promise a good laugh with either.

Please stop by my coffee shares to get to know me some. I try to have some writing fun with these shares.

I also enjoyed your, but really want to check out some of your articles.

Warmest regards,
    Gary

• Reply Lorna 24th June 2018 at 9:41 am

Hi Gary, I’m currently self-hosted, but I used the free version of WP for years. If you add an email subscription box (admin—>widgets) your readers will be notified when you publish a new post. You could also add a ‘follow’ button where readers can choose to add your posts to their WP reader.

Look forward to reading more of your stories.

Lorna

• Reply Ritu 23rd June 2018 at 9:44 pm

I might just use the summer vacation to Camp RiNo my first draft!
    Good luck with your project Lorna!

• Reply Lorna 23rd June 2018 at 10:02 pm

Draft it, draft it, draft it! ?

• Reply Ritu 23rd June 2018 at 10:13 pm

Last year I did my own RiNoWriMo… And nearly finished my first draft. I shall fashion my own Camo RiNo in August to do the first lot of changes I think!!!!

• Reply You Can Always Start Now 27th June 2018 at 10:28 am

Busy woman. Good luck at camp. I did the april one. Jealous you r meeting up with fellow bloggers.

• Reply rachaelstray 5th July 2018 at 12:05 pm

You’ve got so many exciting things coming up Lorna!