Coffee Talk Life

Right Now

4th February 2016

Loving:

12657761_10154537445132067_7642941360613651718_o

Isla ‘helping’ pack books.

How Isla says ‘Mammy’. And that her new word is ‘cookie’. And that now she says yes as well as no.

Homemade hazelnut lattes.

Being without my mobile phone.

Reading:

City On Fire, Garth Risk Halberg. My initial love for this book has cooled. But I understand that good books are like life, and cannot be interesting all the time.

Cuckoo’s Calling, JK Rowling. Kind of over-written, but somehow moreish.

Watching:

Recently finished Making A Murderer. I think Mr Robot is next.

Listening To:

This week’s writing background was Harry Potter and Miss Saigon.

The update on Serial Season One

Working on:

A story. With a prompt from Gabi Coatsworth.

Anticipating:

Well, we get the keys tomorrow. And we move on Saturday! That’s quite enough excitement for now. Also, Spring.

Making Me Happy:

Thinking about tomorrow. And the weekend. And next week. And on we go…

What about you?

• Reply Gabi Coatsworth 4th February 2016 at 10:07 pm

Good luck with the move ?

• Reply LKD 4th February 2016 at 10:17 pm

Thank you! Sleep is over-rated.

• Reply Danni 4th February 2016 at 11:07 pm

Happy – getting that damn story in, with seconds (SECONDS!) to spare. A nicely spaced out grouping of 4 other submissions in the next 5 months to work on. A daily writing prompt email even though the first one I received was a knife in my heart, in light of recent conversations. My bestie in CA. My bestie in Scotland (that would be you!) and her love and my gorgeous little niece and all the good happening for them. A new journal and cartridges for my fountain pen for the BIG IDEA.
    Unhappy – Winter (even though it hasn’t been too winter-ish). Not enough time to do ALL THE THINGS. Some other stuff I should probably just put in a letter and not post publically.

• Reply John CR Duff 5th February 2016 at 2:45 am

My father’s heart is both happy and sad. Tears of both varieties flow freely when you aren’t looking. Sad that I will no longer share the same roof and see your smiling face in my mornings. Yet, happy – no – delighted – no – ecstatic – that you and your husband and your daughter are moving into your very own 80 Southberry Lane / Braefarm House. You all deserve this, your own proper family home. I am so proud of you, Lorna. Always have been. Always will be.

• Reply samstillreading 7th February 2016 at 8:49 am

Good luck with the move! You just reminded me that I must start City on Fire!

• Reply LKD 15th February 2016 at 6:12 pm

Thank you! I’ve kind of stalled on the book, but I still want to finish. I’m reading it on my Kindle, but I want to get the real book.