Uncategorized

My Life As A Desk

28th February 2011

On my desk today, you’ll find:

Coffee.  Today’s blend is Columbian Supremo.

2 of 501 pens in the house at any given time.

My perfume.  I’m still working on the same bottle I bought two years ago.  I collect perfume.  I either have too much or not enough, considering bottles last two years.

An eyeglass cloth, perhaps proof that I have one.   My glasses are always smudged, and it would seem I never use it.

Sewing kit.  I never use it.  That would be a disaster.

Chapstick.  It’s never in my bag, because it’s on my desk.

My keys on my Highlander (not that one) key chain.

Extra buttons for my jacket.  Unrelated to the sewing kit, because that would be too easy.  And make sense.

LOVE bookmark.  Found with the rubber chicken on the day I had piles. It isn’t in a book, because I read too quickly to need bookmarks.

(More) Power, juice for my once-hated iphone and ever-loved laptop, which never leaves the house.

Empty Wine Gum bag.  Only sweets I’ll buy on repeat.  Real wine gives me heart burn.

General layer of random receipts.  Let’s just say they’re there so all the other stuff doesn’t ‘scratch my nice glass furniture.’

What does your desk look like right now?

• Reply Pizza Cottontail 28th February 2011 at 4:21 pm

I moved this weekend. My desk wouldn’t fit in my car, so I’m without a desk now. Last year, I blogged about mine twice. It seems that I preferred blogging about my desk to actually using it.

• Reply LKD 1st March 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hope the move went well, and that you’re settling in nicely!

• Reply Marjory 28th February 2011 at 4:33 pm

As I am a little bit OCD, there is a place for everything and everything in its place. Laptop and modem, bill organizer; little basket (I collect baskets) holding various chargers – iPod, Kindle, cell phone; little basket (told you) of paper clips large and small; stapler; calculator; copy of Suze Orman’s Will and Testament Kit (will get to it one of these days…)

• Reply LKD 28th February 2011 at 4:42 pm

I should say that after I organised the office, it looked too pretty to use! And so, I moved into the kitchen, which is next on the list to sort out! 🙂

• Reply Delorfinde 28th February 2011 at 6:34 pm

I have a slight disadvantage when trying to answer this question as I can’t see my desk. However … I think there might be:
    – a laptop
    – a ruler
    – a remote control
    – gloves
    – a small bag
    – an almost empty packet of boiled sweets
    – way too much stationery
    – three paintbrushes
    – a flute cleaning cloth
    – a couple of empty bottles (previously of water)
    – 2 ink bottles
    – 2 hairbrushes
    – a roll of thread
    – nail clippers
    – hair clips
    – another ruler
    – hair pins
    – tape
    – acrylic paint
    – sudocrem
    – a lamp
    – E45 Junior
    – 5 earrings (2 pairs and one odd one)
    – some beads
    – an alarm clock …
    And so on. I think you get the idea. I would continued, but the comment would end up longer than the post.

• Reply LKD 1st March 2011 at 8:53 pm

How big is your desk? 🙂

• Reply misty 28th February 2011 at 11:32 pm

Love this!!!

• Reply LKD 1st March 2011 at 8:57 pm

Me too, very much who I am. Glad you liked it, Misty!

• Reply Priscilla-The Wheelchair Mommy 1st March 2011 at 3:00 am

I think my hubby’s desk is worse 😀 FYI 🙂

• Reply LKD 1st March 2011 at 8:50 pm

That does make me feel better, thank you! And my boyfriend’s desk is perhaps another post. HA! 🙂

• Reply Carol 1st March 2011 at 6:20 pm

We don’t talk about my desk. My desk makes my Hubby crazy, but I’ve announced (more than once) that it is MY desk, and he need not look at it. Someday I’ll file the stack of papers waiting for that. Someday I’ll burrow through the other papers and see what really is there. But not today.

• Reply LKD 1st March 2011 at 8:56 pm

Carol, this made me laugh out loud, seriously! Thank you for being a kindred desk spirit!

• Reply MutantSupermodel 1st March 2011 at 10:20 pm

My work desk has all kinds of work type things you’d expect to find although the paper clips are housed in Snow White’s witch’s cauldron and the pens, pencils, and scissors are in an Ursula holder. Also out of the ordinary would be the 14 vinyl toys, squeaky Squee doll, and tiny bird ornament. I’ve got a kaleidoscope, a vicks tissue box, a Snow White giant mug, a bag of Chex mix (opened and almost empty), a stack of papers, random pens, Sortkwik, a giant water jug thing, a bath and body works hand cream mini tube thing, a headband, a calculator with a random key to something on top, a chip clip (from the Chex Mix bag), my giant purse, my mini Life notebook, and the credit card processing machine. It’s pretty boring and empty honestly.

• Reply broadsideblog 2nd March 2011 at 4:35 am

My desk is a table in my living room. Typically it has the computer and keyboard, a pile of papers, my Filofax and a small vase of fresh flowers. I also keep a lovely tiny metal Viking ship — a drakkar — I bought in Normandy at the Bayeux tapestry museum. It inspires me!