Before I decided I couldn’t write with music on, it was on all the time. My last.fm library, when it loads, is one my list of favourite things. I’d turn it on before I’d do anything else/procrastinate/check my email/apply for jobs/check Facebook/think about writing.
That was my old routine.
My new one is to have coffee and write and then procrastinate/check my email/apply for jobs/check Facebook/think about writing some more.
Today, I logged into Facebook, and I was tagged in a musical note. The one where you put your music player on ‘Random’ and list the first 25 songs that play.
I thought, I can do that. So I did:
1. Laura Izibor – Shine
2. Randy Newman – I Miss You
3. The Offspring – Why Don’t You Get A Job?
4. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
5. Eels — Mr E’s Beautiful Blues
6. Paul Simon – Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
7. R. Kelly – Fiesta
8. Courtney Pine – Children Hold On
9. Seal – Crazy
10. Finger Eleven – Paralyzer
11. Maroon 5 – Through With You
12. Billie Holiday – Night and Day
13. Silverchair – Leave Me Out
14. Bill Hicks – A New Flag (Patriotism) – not a song, but so good.
15. Michael Buble – Home
16. Johnny Cash – That’s All Over
17. Perturbazione – Partire Daverro
18. Sean Paul – We Be Burnin’
19. Molly Johnson – Another Day
20. Lonestar – Everything’s Changed
21. Indigo Girls – World Falls
22. Death Cab for Cutie – Transatlanticism
23. Alan Jackson – Gone Country
24. Camera Obscura – Pen and Notebook
25. Julie Delpy – Killing Bertha
(Courtesy of my last.fm library)
Funny, some of these aren’t reflective of my favourites. Some are. That’s what random means.
What about you? What are you listening to?
Join the Gin & Lemonade newsletter!
Subscribe to get a roundup of posts, a writing prompt, and other groovy stuff every week!