Coffee Talk Humor Life

Coffee & a Visit

28th May 2017

Hello!  How’s the week treated you?  I hope you’re all good, but even if you’re not, let’s put the world to rights.

If we were were having coffee show you my favourite picture from this week.

18622305_10154870154394412_2478282782850412594_n

Isla decided my wheels needed redone.  I was very happy with them.

Some things:

If she says she’s experimenting, she doesn’t get in trouble.

She knows my favourite colour.

We have rolls of wallpaper for her painting experiments.  Next time this happens, I’m gonna drive all over that stuff.  Thanks for the nudge, Sally.

Yesterday, we took Isla to the park where I kindasortamaybe attempted to be social with people who don’t know my sense of humour.  Ask me how that worked.

After that, the plan was to find a bookshop and have lunch at our favourite seafood shack.  No parking and a depressing closed sign meant Isla got a nap in the car while we just circled around the island listening to Eric Bibb.

This was cool too, because, y’know, Neil and I actually talked.  Which is something we still like to do.  Bonus is when we’re road-tripping with music on, and not talking about kid stuff.  And I’m very proud of my city-boy husband who is comfortable enough with country driving that he can now y’know, drive and talk at the same time.

I thought I’d have a new secondhand book stack to show you today.  But, no such luck.

I actually think I have enough books to be getting on with just now.  Y’know, like the ones in my house and on my Kindle.  Which is also in my house.  Let’s have a silent reading party.  Wherever you are.

In related news, my Kindle is actually falling apart these days.  I didn’t know shit like that happened.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that we are kindasortamaybe planning our regularish trip to NY.  However.  We don’t have useful things like dates, yet.  So we can’t plan beverages/pizza/shenanigans, yet

Speaking of beverages, I would so have some with these groovy people wherever they are in the world.

Elsa, Nicole, Sally, Caitlin, Heather, Carol, Bella, Em, Suzie, Christine, Alice, Ritu, Tiffany, Melissa, MeriahLucy, Jackie, Juls, Josy and Emily . Go say hi!

And don’t forget to add your #weekendcoffeeshare post link over at Nerd in the Brain.

Oh, look, we’ve finished our coffee.  Want another one?

Lorna xox

P.S.  If we’ve ever had coffee in real-life, or want to.  And you don’t have a blog or haven’t updated it in yonks.  Please start one or start writing again.  So I can stalk visit you.

• Reply London-Unattached.com 28th May 2017 at 12:48 pm

Love your purple wheels! And, more than happy to be stalked if you ever get the time!

• Reply anhistorianabouttown 28th May 2017 at 1:29 pm

I love weekend coffee share- it’s th e best way to get to know people 😊 I hate when you’ve got a plan in your head and you are so looking forward to something and suddenly it’s off the table!! I hope you get your bookstore trip, too!! (We always need more books….)

• Reply LKD 28th May 2017 at 1:43 pm

I knew I’d been reading you longer than BUYB. Hello!

• Reply Pamela Morse 29th May 2017 at 1:49 am

I do like the Kindle party idea. I also have Kindle read me books aloud. I am dismayed to learn that it is possible for the Kindle to fall apart…i had planned a forever future with it. Thanks for coffee. Cheers!

• Reply Jhilmil 29th May 2017 at 12:39 pm

Oh.. Not talking about kid stuff on a long road drive with music is what I need now;).. ENjoyed reading it

• Reply Jackie Cangro 29th May 2017 at 4:12 pm

I hope you’re planning a stop in at The Strand. 🙂 And I’ll recommend this place for Isla. She’ll love it! http://booksofwonder.com/

• Reply LKD 30th May 2017 at 9:23 am

I can see a couple Strand visits. And we should meet up! Thanks for the link to that BEAUTIFUL place. Those first editions! Oz!

• Reply agshap 29th May 2017 at 7:40 pm

Love coffee – actually drinking some now….also have a Kindle (make that 8 kindles – one in the bedroom, one in the living room, dining room, in my tote bag – glad they all sync…..love your sense of humor – just got back from a short road trip and planning to retire – to read, ride and rest more!

• Reply LKD 30th May 2017 at 9:30 am

8 Kindles? You are kinda my new heroine, ha! Must admit, took me awhile to hop on the Kindle train, but now I love mine. Also still buy real books. But most of my active reading is on the Kindle when everyone else is asleep.

Happy retirement!

• Reply photosynth35 1st June 2017 at 2:22 am

Another coffee lover! Hi! I’m new to the bloggosphere. Hope to see you around!

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 10:38 am

Welcome to blogging! As your blog is private, I’ll send a request to read you there. Keep writing!

• Reply shelleywilson72 3rd June 2017 at 9:58 am

What a great idea for a post! Who doesn’t love coffee and catch up? Fortunately, it’s only my kindle case that’s falling apart at the seams – I’d be totally lost without my kindle! Have a great week x

• Reply Ritu 3rd June 2017 at 10:18 am

I agree with Shelley I do love these Weekend Coffee Share posts!
    And I LOVE my Kindle too, wouldn’t be without it nowadays!

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 10:23 am

Working on the today’s. The thing with being here is that I’m up before most other posters. Another reason why I love all you BYUB bloggers is we’re mostly in the same timezone, ha! x

• Reply Ritu 3rd June 2017 at 10:26 am

Where is it you are based?

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 10:29 am

On Skye. Neil is from Edinburgh. Next year marks 25 years in Scotland for me. Before that, New York.

• Ritu 3rd June 2017 at 10:34 am

I have never been to Scotland, despite being born and bred in the UK! How bad is that!!!! One day! But New York… Wow! I went to Washington, but New York is definitely on my bucket list!

• Reply A Girl and Her Passport 3rd June 2017 at 10:24 am

Loving the new wheel color! Thanks for the mention. Would love to have a coffee with you!!!

• Reply Lucy Mitchell 3rd June 2017 at 11:22 am

Love this post! Feel like I know you a bit more now. Would love a coffee with you and we could moan about our kindles! The idea of a silent reading party is brill!

• Reply Gabe Burkhardt 3rd June 2017 at 11:45 am

hehehe I’m on my 6th Kindle. But each of them lived very full lives 😉 Thanks for the coffee!

• Reply Candace 3rd June 2017 at 12:03 pm

Sadly I’m not a coffee fan but I do like a good hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows on top! Sounds like a great time

• Reply SickChristine 3rd June 2017 at 1:05 pm

I’m ALWAYS up for a coffee and then we can commiserate over how we both kindasortamaybe tried to be social with people who don’t get our humor. You are not alone in that one!

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 7:53 pm

I’m really fuckin’ glad you’re here.

• Reply Debbie H 3rd June 2017 at 1:06 pm

I’ll join you for a cup of tea any day! Great to read your post and I have to say I love purple too 🙂

• Reply Emily 3rd June 2017 at 1:06 pm

I almost SPIT OUT my coffee when I read about talking with people that don’t understand your sense of humor. My sister and I make fun of my mother because she has no radar for when someone gets her humor or when they think she’s just being a jerk – it’s hilarious! Great post, love a casual coffee chat! Enjoy your day!

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 7:56 pm

I generally find if people stare at me that bit too long that have no clue what I just said. I always say if you have to explain it, it’s not funny.

• Reply Emily 3rd June 2017 at 9:30 pm

LOL! A good rule to love by!

• Reply You Can Always Start Now 3rd June 2017 at 3:30 pm

I am just about to pour myself another cup of coffee! Coffee share great idea for connecting with other bloggers.

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 3rd June 2017 at 3:48 pm

I’m loving the wheel colour and I have to say rather jealous of Isla’s artistic talent!

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 7:57 pm

Girl is ahead of her time!

• Reply Sundry 3rd June 2017 at 3:56 pm

I’ve been struggling to make a comment here. Thought i had, then it seems WordPress was messed up.

Better late than never, I would LOVE to have coffee with you. I’m honored to be on your list, dear LKD! Some day, I think it would come to pass.

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 8:00 pm

With Ruth and Emily, maybe! Welcome here any time, but it isn’t Barcelona or Italy. But we could roadtrip to Edinburgh, too.

• Reply Sundry 4th June 2017 at 3:33 pm

I want to do the UK and I love out of the way places. My sister is traveling to Ireland — which I do know is not Scotland!– this summer. We could use a hit of the green isles ourselves.

• Reply Becca Barracuda 3rd June 2017 at 6:25 pm

Cheers, I’m finishing up a cuppa right now! I’m totally in for a silent reading party– ready, set, go! 🙂

• Reply Em Linthorpe 3rd June 2017 at 6:54 pm

Yes!! We can start with coffee, then move on to the ciders 😉 thanks very much for the shoutout, that is super kind of you. Love to you and your family 💙

• Reply LKD 3rd June 2017 at 8:02 pm

You and yours as well. I’ll catch up with you tomorrow. Cider is happening now, ha. xox

• Reply Em Linthorpe 3rd June 2017 at 8:08 pm

It’s just started happening here too! Cheers, have a great night!