- I am a flippant reader. As soon as I read about a book that intrigues me, I MUST READ IT RIGHT NOW. This leads to lots of piles. Of books in various stages of readedness. If a book grips me enough not to read anything else along with it, that’s a GOOD THING.
- I usually have several books on the go. A day book, a night book, a car book.
- Day books happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Audiobooks happen on road-trips.
- I have a thing for debut authors.
- I am a kindle convert.
- Netgalley. Kinda obsessed.
- I have these notions that I will finish all the books in any given series. It never happens in real life.
- Go-to genres are literary fiction, mystery/thrillers and lately YA.
- Before you ask, I hated Gone Girl.
- Auto-buys are Paul Auster, Alice Hoffman, Anne Tyler, and Dave Eggers.
- Dysfunctional families are my beloveds.
- I like legal/crime non-fiction.
- And funny memoirs.
- But I no longer have time for depressing-yet-ultimately-uplifting or triumphing over any sort of adversity. Go away.
- I like books about books.
- I read longer books in the winter.
- My reading snacks are coffee and popcorn.
- I used to prefer paperbacks to hardbacks, but these days I don’t care.
- I hate book jackets.
- I miss my bookgroups and want to join another.
- My book cases are triple-stacked. And changing things up is like shopping.
- If I have it, you can borrow it.
- But if you interrupt me in the last 30 pages, I will actually cut you.
- And sometimes, I read the last page first. This does not make me a heathen.
What are your bookish things? What are you reading? And what do you think I should read?
Join the new Gin & Lemonade newsletter!
Subscribe to get post alerts and other groovy stuff every week!