Books Reading Sharing The Love

What I’m Reading, Catching Up, & A New Look!

16th May 2018

First, if you’re reading this in your email (Hi.  And thank you) please click through to the actual post.  You will see that your Gin & Lemonade has been refreshed!

I’m now using the Rosemary theme.  Because I love it and it kind of goes with gin, no?  Yes.  Let’s go with yes.

I’m working with a very patient web designer (who I’m hoping to link to later, stay tuned!)

Let me tell you how I got here.

I wanted a clean, easy to navigate theme that didn’t give me a headache.  I know that if I had a headache from looking at my blog, you groovy readers got one, too.  And then you clicked off somewhere else.

News-flash, dudes, I don’t want you to click off.

I want you to stay and read, hang out and shoot the shit comment because I’m bored, because I’m interested in what you have to say.

So, grab a beverage and stay awhile.

I hope you love the new look as much as I do.  But if there’s anything I can tweak to further improve readability, let me know.

And so, because life and computer spills happen, I’m a bit behind on the Goblin Giveaway winner announcement.  I am actually sorry.

The random winner of the signed copy of Goblin by Ever Dundas is Erin from Unbound Roots!  And the book is signed by Ever, not me.

Erin, please let me know an address where I can send you this amazing book!

Moving on to more current reads, I’m enjoying:

History of Wolves,  Emily Fridlund

The Lying Game, Ruth Ware

Leah on The Offbeat, Becky Albertalli

And on deck we have:

I’ll Be Gone In The Dark, Michelle McNamara

If We Were Villains, M.L Rio

Meddlng Kids, Edgar Cantero

What are you reading?

And I’m super excited because it’s the Annual Bloggers Bash this weekend.  Heading down to London tomorrow.  It’ll be a bit strange to go to a blogging thing without my laptop.  But I’m just going to meet some lovely people and ENJOY MYSELF!

Gin for everyone?

Check out this post for last minute info on The Bash.

And last but not least, can you hear Laurel or Yanny?

We are a house divided.

I say ‘Laurel’

Neil says ‘Yanny’

Isla says ‘I love my Mummy.’

She has mastered the art of diplomacy.

What say you?

This post is linking up with you groovy people, and WWW  Wednesday.

• Reply Nicole 16th May 2018 at 1:43 pm

I hear Yammy. Try as I might, I can’t hear the Ns. 😀

• Reply Danni 16th May 2018 at 2:13 pm

I can’t wait to read Meddling Kids. I just put down a YA novel I’m supposed to be reading for a round robin swap (so twee it was unreadable) and am debating between a Star Wars book or a book about drag queens in the NYC ball scene next. Also – totally laurel.

• Reply Rebecca Moon Ruark 16th May 2018 at 2:17 pm

So weird–I hear Laurel. Congrats on the design change. Looks great! And have such fun in London–that’s great! At the moment I’m in a WWII period, so I’m reading Kristin Hannah’s _Nightingale_ because I’m always late to the party!

• Reply thebeasley 16th May 2018 at 2:58 pm

I’m reading my book club book “This is How It Always Is”. I cannot put it down

• Reply angelanoelauthor 16th May 2018 at 3:05 pm

Hi! Love the new look. Congrats to Erin. And have so much fun at the Bash! I wish I was going to be there too!
    I’m reading a facinating book on economics. (You can make fun of me at will.)

• Reply johnrieber 16th May 2018 at 3:31 pm

I read “I’ll Be Gone In The Dark” and also saw the late Michelle McNamara’s husband Patton Oswalt give a talk about the book, which I included in my post. Even though the Golden State Killer has been caught, the book is more relevant than ever, because it’s the story of one woman’s obsession with a cold case, and how that obsession helped police bring the case back to life – a terrific memoir – here is my story about the book if you are interested – https://johnrieber.com/2018/03/28/patton-oswalt-talks-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-his-late-wife-michelle-mcnamaras-real-life-search-for-the-golden-state-killer/

• Reply thelupiemomma 16th May 2018 at 3:35 pm

I’m reading War Storm by Victoria Aveyard ? good luck with all your reads. I used to do multiple books at once now I can’t

• Reply Unbound Roots 16th May 2018 at 3:57 pm

Lorna, thank you so very much! I’m so excited to read Goblin. 🙂 I hope you have a lovely time at the Bash this weekend. I do wish I could be there. Thanks again!

• Reply patriciau 16th May 2018 at 4:34 pm

Ah, Meddling Kids has been in my TBR for so long….I think I might have to unearth it and finally read it. Love the new design, but love Isla’s aswer even more. She’s knows what’s important!

• Reply lauriegannon1 16th May 2018 at 6:55 pm

Congratulations on the new look! I love rosemary and I love the look!

I’m not hearing “Yanny” or “Laurel”. I hear “Yawry”. Maybe everything I hear gets converted to Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles?

• Reply bluerosegirl08 16th May 2018 at 7:41 pm

I love your new look, it fits very nicely. I’m curently Alexander Hamiliton by Ron Chenow, the biography that inspired Hamilton, the musical. Wow, it’s big but I’m learning stuff nobody ever mentioned in shcol.

• Reply Zoe O'Farrell 17th May 2018 at 7:58 pm

I am currently reading little tea shop of horrors, need to finish tonight! Lol look forward to meeting you Saturday at the bash!

• Reply Lutheranliar 18th May 2018 at 12:34 pm

I say ‘Isla’

• Reply fancypaperblog 18th May 2018 at 5:36 pm

Love the new look. And I hear Yanni?

• Reply Lorna 18th May 2018 at 6:16 pm

I heard Yanny too, when I listened at lower volume. Weird.

• Reply fancypaperblog 24th May 2018 at 2:40 pm

I find the actual words totally mad Too!

• Reply Jackie Cangro 18th May 2018 at 11:06 pm

I like the new look to your site!

I just ordered The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin. I hope it’s as good as everyone says!

• Reply Lorna 18th May 2018 at 11:13 pm

It is! That book broke my effin’ heart.

• Reply incandescentproseblog 20th May 2018 at 12:48 am

I luv this all! joy & hugs

• Reply 40wishesandcounting 6th June 2018 at 3:37 am

I really liked The Lying Game. I want to get her new book that just came out.