Uncategorized

The State Of My Head

22nd February 2011

Some of you may remember my quest to get back to my natural hair colour before I turn 30…next month.

I went shopping yesterday, something I don’t do very often.  My roots/fake colour in a full-length mirror was a scary sight to behold.  My nick-name lately has been Two-Tone Tessie.  On the way home, I bought some magic in a box.

I used it this morning to ‘blend my roots’.  They blended quite nicely as I watched Judge Judy for half an hour, while trying to keep the gunk on head and the towel on my shoulders.  I apparently can do neither of these things without a general look of mock disdain on my face.

I don’t have any during/blackmail photos, but here is the After shot.  First one off my webcam, too.  Sorry about that.  My camera insisted on taking arty shots of my hand and the floor.  Which is possibly another post.

New/old hair. And butterflies. And penguins and books. And a lava lamp.

• Reply She.Is.Just.A.Rat 22nd February 2011 at 5:28 pm

Well done! I refuse to go back to my natural hair colour before I turn 30! Wait a minute…I’m past that…hehe…40 perhaps?

• Reply barbarasmithstoff 22nd February 2011 at 5:29 pm

Beautimus!

• Reply Carol 22nd February 2011 at 6:17 pm

The backgrounds in our pictures can tell a lot of tales, can’t they? Hair looks great.

• Reply thereadingdate 22nd February 2011 at 8:51 pm

Very pretty! Your colour came out very well. Well done!

• Reply broadsideblog 22nd February 2011 at 10:05 pm

Looks great!

You know, after 30 it’s all downhill….Kidding!!

I have so much grey in my hair that a color day at the hairdresser’s is now about 3 hrs.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:24 pm

My salon appointments are always four hours!

• Reply Hippie Cahier 23rd February 2011 at 3:53 am

Your new/old hair looks great. That’s a great shot with a webcam.

It is good to know you are a friend to penguins and lava lamps. 🙂

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:26 pm

I would like to even out the ratio, but the lamp is out-numbered. 😉

• Reply misty 23rd February 2011 at 5:33 pm

Good job! Looks fantastic! I would LOVE to go back to my natural color- but somewhere into my early thirties, my natural color became grey and i find that unacceptable. 🙂

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:21 pm

My father told me last week that I’ve earned all my gray hair. I like that thought. 🙂