Uncategorized

Proof of Pumpkin

11th December 2011

After Thanksgiving, I waxed nostalgic about canned pumpkin.  My friend who writes at Calypte’s Scanner Diary, told me where I might find some.  And today, Sarge comes home from Christmas shopping with two cans of this lovely stuff:

My boyfriend is the best.

I like how the light is shining on the can.  As if it’s been sent by the Gods of Canned Pumpkin.  Or my Nana.

• Reply 4amWriter 12th December 2011 at 10:57 am

I love canned pumpkin, too! I don’t know anyone who actually uses a real pumpkin for cooking, cuts it open, pulls out its guts and seeds, peels it, cuts the thing up into cubes, then mashes it all before making pumpkin pie, or pumpkin bread, or pumpkin cookies, or pumpkin soup…yup. Canned is the way to go.

• Reply Jade @ nolonger25 12th December 2011 at 11:57 am

OK so share the details – where did you get it, I’ve been looking for that stuff for ages!

I see so many American and Canadian bloggers showing pies and muffins etc made with this stuff by have never seen it here, please share, I feel a baking session coming on…

• Reply LKD 12th December 2011 at 1:14 pm

Harvey Nichols food section this time, but also Lupe Pintos, from past experience. Pumpkin is the only Harvey Nichols stuff I have! Ha!

If you make something, please share. 😉

• Reply becomingcliche 12th December 2011 at 12:41 pm

What are you going to make with it? Pie? Cake? Muffins? I made a pumpkin bread this weekend that was fabulous.

• Reply LKD 12th December 2011 at 1:17 pm

I’d like to try pie and pancakes. Are you going to post the bread recipe? 🙂

• Reply becomingcliche 12th December 2011 at 3:20 pm

I’d be happy to. I’ll get some pumpkin and make it tonight or tomorrow. It’s awesome because it only takes one can of pumpkin.

• Reply Karen 13th December 2011 at 2:41 am

Sarge is a keeper. Enjoy the pumpkin. Are you making a pumpkin pie?

• Reply laurastanfill 13th December 2011 at 3:49 am

I love the ease and joy of canned pumpkin! In fact sometime in November I ran a post about pumpkin recipes that I wanted to make in the upcoming weeks. I found a great sounding pancake recipe but still haven’t tried those. I did fall in love with a pumpkin cookie recipe, though, and I’ve enjoyed making my grandmother’s pumpkin souffle this year too.

YUM!

• Reply thoughtsappear 13th December 2011 at 7:58 pm

You like pumpkin? Traitor!

• Reply Neeks 15th December 2011 at 12:06 pm

I made a great pumpkin cheesecake one year, my ex loved it. I don’t care for it myself, prefer sweet potatoes.