Uncategorized

My Very Own Geek

16th February 2012

It’s Adopt-a-Geek Week over at Pretty Feet, Pop Toe.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  But I have my very own dearly loved and loveable geek.  Mine is taking a day off from being a Senior Software Geek because he has Super Sad Sinusitis.

I usually like it when we have matching days off, but not when he feels like this:

Proof of snot.

But wait, not only is he a Senior Software Geek with Sinusitis, he is also a Band Geek:

Proof of skills.

And before you think this is one-sided geekery, it isn’t.  I’m the one who wants my very own Bazinga t-shirt.

Are you a geek?

Do you have a geek?

Perhaps we can double-geek-date?

• Reply becomingcliche 16th February 2012 at 1:38 pm

I aspire to be a geek. So far, I have elevated myself to the level of dork. Once I conquer that, I’ll tackle nerd. Then there will be no stopping me.

• Reply LKD 16th February 2012 at 2:01 pm

If WordPress had a ‘Like’ button for comments, yours would get two thumbs up!

• Reply prettyfeetpoptoe 16th February 2012 at 1:41 pm

I can see you take geek adoption very seriously. Even though he’s poorly, he looks like a very happy geek. Well done!

• Reply LKD 16th February 2012 at 1:58 pm

Thanks for promoting the cause!

• Reply madamesaslow 16th February 2012 at 3:51 pm

My geek and I met while playing a Live Action Role Playing game, like Dungeons and Dragons, but a different game and in costume acting it out. Super geeky. He’s a high school science teacher. We were both in Marching Band.
    Our cats are pretty straight laced, though.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 12:19 pm

Our cat, CJ, despairs of us, and our geekery!

• Reply Heather 16th February 2012 at 4:15 pm

My geek seems similar to yours: super software (and system admin, and database) geek, and band geek (our living-room wall is decorated with guitars). I, too, am a geek though, and so do not judge. I am a former high school science teacher, currently being a data nerd. Hope your geek feels better soon – super sad sinuses are not fun, and for me turn into super sad chest infections if I’m not careful.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 12:17 pm

That seems to have gone, he is now hobbling around with a bad back!

• Reply urbannight 16th February 2012 at 6:28 pm

I do not have a geek. I miss having a geek. I am geekless. I myself am a sci-fi geek. Just this morning I asked my roommate if he could remember what Sulu was at the beginning of ST’TO before they made him a helmsman. He didn’t know. It was all because of a license place holder in front of us that said blackshirts. Yes, there are no blackshirts. But my brain went instantly to redshirts. And Sulu started out in science blue’s. I have other geekiness. But Sci-fi probably tops the other types.

• Reply Anjie 16th February 2012 at 6:57 pm

My husband and I are both geeks and we love it! What a lovely post! Thank you for visiting me on my SITS Day!

• Reply Sundry 16th February 2012 at 7:39 pm

Yeah, I’m an info-geek. Luckily I found a job that rewards my insatiable appetite for knowing stuff. Luckily, I found a history-loving guitar-geek to share my life with. He can talk guitars with the boys for hours (they refer to themselves as gear heads).

• Reply Stephen "Howie" Long 17th February 2012 at 5:21 am

The folks I work for are Jewish, one I’m driving my bosses wife and the children home, when she says, “you know Howie, your with us more then your own family”.
    To which I reply, ” yeah Wendy, I am, in fact I’m thinking of converting to Judisim and moving in with you guys”.
    Now I think I just shut her down, but the lady doesn’t miss a beat and says “oh Howie, don’t do that, we like to think of you as our pet christian”.

• Reply BuddhaKat 21st February 2012 at 10:19 pm

very sweet, LKD, except for the snot part)… in other news, you have been tagged and you’re IT… see http://buddhakat.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/tagged-or-is-that-twilight-zone-music-i-hear/ for details, if you choose to play… hope your geek feeels better soon…
    🙂

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 12:12 pm

Call me Lorna, because that’s my name! Working on the questions!

• Reply BuddhaKat 21st February 2012 at 10:20 pm

oops… nerds feel, geeks feeel…
    🙂

• Reply Lafemmeroar 23rd February 2012 at 10:07 pm

I don’t have a geek yet, but I’d like one. Do they eat much?

• Reply LKD 25th February 2012 at 12:15 pm

Mine doesn’t eat cheese. I must pretend he is lactose-intolerant!

• Reply 225 Water Street 4th March 2012 at 4:01 pm

Happy Sunday!!!
    I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award here …

Play if you want to!
    All the best!
    Mara

• Reply Reading Through The Stacks: Loyalty To Books « Gin & Lemonade 24th July 2012 at 2:15 pm

[…] I even met a weirdo. These days, I much prefer the geek I’m getting married to. […]