Sunday Song

Apparently, You Can Go Home Again

1st July 2012

I haven’t had a lot of screen time recently.  This is what I’ve been doing while not staring at a computer screen:

Collecting train tickets and using them as bookmarks.

Eating pizza while watching my Dad attempt to play jump rope with an extension cord.  The morphine is working!

Meditating/crying while in a church.

Reading Naked on the train, while wearing clothes.

Drinking cider at The Scottish Real Ale Festival.  I’m such a rebel.

Getting a free copy of Rebecca from Sarge and World Book Night.

Having lunch with some of the bridal crew/maids of awesome.

Listening to Low while writing on envelopes until two whole pens are out of ink.  Mostly it’s this one on repeat:

Possibly the best cover ever.  John Denver makes me cry, but this one makes me infinitely happy.

What have you been up to?

• Reply Cynthia 1st July 2012 at 11:32 am

Sounds like you have been doing some awesome things. We need to get your dad a jump rope or as they say it in Britian a skipping rope. I am sure that was a fond memory.

• Reply LKD 1st July 2012 at 3:34 pm

It was indeed a funny moment. Have a good day, Cynthia!

• Reply Sundry 1st July 2012 at 4:32 pm

Good for you, LKD. This is all time well spent. 😀

• Reply DB York 1st July 2012 at 5:20 pm

Stressing about life, money & a job. Cooking new exciting vegetarian foodstuffs. Spending time with a special someone I never expected to have in my life again. Cuddling with various 4 legged furry creatures (2 cats at home, 2 dogs at my friend’s place). And of course missing a certain bride to be something fierce.

• Reply becomingcliche 1st July 2012 at 7:48 pm

I’m so glad the pain meds are working! I’ve been on the hunt for some book series I’d like to buy second-hand, and I’ve been writing.

• Reply Heather 2nd July 2012 at 4:03 am

I, too, am glad the medication is working. Any time a father jumps “rope” is a happy time, I think. I’ve been working till my hands have blistered – through thick leather gloves – digging out and building a stone patio. To bed for me 🙂 Good luck envelope-writing!