Coffee Talk Humor Life

What Did I Miss?

18th October 2013

And so, you know that working-from-home gig?  Not so much.  Now I’m just home.

I’ve been recharging by sniffing books and drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  Last weekend, I made Neil go out and get me one.  This involved leaving our bed and then the entire house.  I almost felt bad.  Maybe.

I’ve wanted to write here, really I have.  But I couldn’t get past:

I should really be doing a job I love.

I’m taking vitamins and they are giant.

October is awesome and so close to NaNoWriMo.  (Yes, again.  Yes, really.  Keep the faith. This will be my theme song.  You’re welcome.)

I freaking love my husband.

DANCING.  In the afternoon.  By myself.  To Starship.

But I missed you guys.  To catch me up, please share a link to your favourite post from the last four weeks.

And, because I’m curious:

Where are you from?

Where does your heart live?

What’s your favourite book?

What song is stuck in your head right now?

And since this is kind of coffee talk (pretend we all have teleportation devices.  It could happen), how do you take your coffee?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Mike Myers, Madonna and Roseanne Barr as their...

Mike Myers, Madonna and Roseanne Barr as their characters on SNL (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

• Reply Marj Klein 18th October 2013 at 6:03 pm

1) I’m from Levittown, New York. Know it?
    2) My heart lives in the UK and New England
    3) My favo(u)rite book is “The Wolves of Willoughby Chase” by Joan Aiken
    4) The Otello/Iago duet from Verdi’s “Otello” is stuck in my head right now.
    5) I’m a coffee wuss. Decaf (preferably flavored) with half and half and two Splendas. My friends say I actually drink coffee-flavored beverages.

• Reply thoughtsappear 18th October 2013 at 6:42 pm

If you’re taking prenatal vitamins, after a couple months of swallowing those, all other pills will be easy peasy.

No coffee for me. Just hot chocolate.

• Reply LKD 18th October 2013 at 7:15 pm

They are indeed. Preparing for Occupy My Womb. How are you feeling?

• Reply thoughtsappear 21st October 2013 at 2:27 pm

The second trimester is glorious! No more exhaustion or morning sickness.

I ended up taking my vitamins right before bed (with PB graham crackers) because they messed with my stomach once I was pregnant. Are you doing ok with them?

• Reply LKD 22nd October 2013 at 2:11 pm

I’m OK with them. Taking them with coffee, which is kind of ass backwards, I know.

I’ve cut down on coffee, but not out.

• Reply beth tortorelli 18th October 2013 at 6:57 pm

from Levittown NY
    m<3 lives in Norwich NY
    brother Odd…dean koontz
    "alice" by elton john
    I like my coffee dark roasted with flavored creamer

• Reply becomingcliche 18th October 2013 at 7:32 pm

I just finished Jasper Fforde’s Thursday Next series. Incredible.

• Reply Laura 19th October 2013 at 3:02 am

A small town locally known as “bloody-Harlan”, in Kentucky, USA.
    My heart is right here in Kentucky.

I don’t know if I can choose just one – Stephen King’s The Stand, or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe….maybe Harry Potter? Or Fight Club?! I can’t choose!

Eye of the Tiger…. please help get it out!

Coffee, coffee, coffee! I LOVE pumpkin spice, but as long as my coffee has enough cream and sugar in it to disguise the fact that it’s coffee…I’m good!

• Reply Carol 19th October 2013 at 3:07 am

Where am I from? The Midwestern United States. Where do I live now? In South Central Oregon. Where does my heart live? Soaring around the world, visiting many ocean beaches, beautiful sites, woodland forests, mountains high. My favorite book? Hard to answer, but I think any one of those written by Lisa Genova. Oh dear, old brain cannot remember the last question. I did well to remember the first three actually.

• Reply DB York 19th October 2013 at 3:22 am

I’m from Lower Westchester County, NY but my heart diivides its time between NYC and Cottesloe Beach, Perth, Western Australia. London does get an honorable mention tho 🙂

I can’t pick one single favorite book, but I recommend Neverwhere to everyone.

For a change I don’t have a song stuck in my head.

And as for my coffee, I like 1 Splenda and a little bit of half & half.

• Reply Cheryl Fassett 19th October 2013 at 12:04 pm

I am from New York State. My heart lives here too! Beautiful seasons, great wine country, great people… Sadly we are really in economic decline though. 🙁 I have far too many favorite books to list! Sadly, “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” done in an Ethel Mermen voice is stuck in my head thanks to my wise-ass husband. 🙂 loving those pumpkin spice lattes but have also recently become hooked on white chocolate mint ones. Yum!!

I would love to share a favorite link but have been away from my blog and those I follow since August. I am eyebrow-deep in a 20 week class for board certification in my day job and am buried in my texts.

• Reply calypte 20th October 2013 at 1:40 pm

Hello! I’ve been slacking on keeping up, too, but sounds like you’ve had fab reasons – wedding photos were gorgeous, and wowee on the OmW! 😀 And yay for NaNo – me too! 🙂

Lemme see… I’m from Scotland, my heart lives in a book(s) somewhere. I totally can’t have one favourite, but recent fav is a Dresden File. Thanks to your link the Indy theme totally stuck in there now, but before that it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhnj7ZPWL4.

And finally… a large latte, please 🙂

• Reply lostnchina 29th October 2013 at 7:41 am

Your pumpkin spice lattes made me think of a recent post I read about “Pumpkin Fisting” (yep, you read that right/write) – http://kitchenslattern.com/2013/10/28/pumpkin-fisting-fun-for-the-whole-family/

• Reply The Glass Bangle 5th November 2013 at 1:47 pm

Hi !
    I’m from India, actually the southern most end of it. My heart is wherever my family is ( slightly corny but so true) 🙂 My favourite book is the Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. A hindi song is lingering in my mind and I love my coffee strong and not very hot. 🙂

• Reply Melia 11th February 2014 at 6:33 am

Hey hey stopping by from the SITS Girls Comment Love challenge! Aaaand to answer your questions…

1. I’m from Las Vegas, but a recent transplant to Phoenix and loving it so far.

2. Hmm my heart lives right now with my dogs who are with my mom and I miss them so much! Thank god for FaceTime.

3. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird which I used as a talking point for a literary speed dating event this past weekend. Yes, you read that right, literary speed dating. It was at the library and it was AWESOME.

5. “Brave” by Sara Bareilles. I’m not a top 40 kind of girl, but this is such a great song.

5. I take my coffee with a splash of half-half or condensed milk, whichever I have on hand. Really loving Starbucks Blonde Veranda blend right now.