Coffee Talk Humor Life New York Stories 2017 On The Road Travel

Where Everybody Knows Your Name?

22nd August 2017

Hello!

Picture it: A relaxed but working writer on her laptop in a coffeeshop.  Sipping coffee and eating a complicated but delicious sandwich.  Inspired by the coffee shop music of various conversations punctuated by random laughter and maybe some tears.  Inspired by her coffee and her complicated but delicious sandwich.

Setting the scene out the window.  Or at the next table.

Happily caffeinated and writing words.

That writer WAS NOT me.

I know I said I’d be blogging throughout the trip, but I left my laptop charger in the car in at the airport. A new one from there was money better spent on dinosaurs and baseball. And penguin encounters.

And so, no acts of public writing for me, but we did have some days.  You guys.  All the days with all the emotions in them.

I shall try to scribe all of the New York feelings while sitting here at my kitchen table on Skye.

I’ll be using my new collection of marble composition books and No. 2 pencils.  One of the many gifts bestowed upon me and my family from our family over there.

There isn’t enough to repay all of those kindnesses.  I do promise to be better with Skype and letters and our home is always open.  You might have to move some books to find a place to park your ass, but there will always be a place for you here.

And for those of you haven’t had a drink with me recently, laughed and cried with me, hugged me or helped me fix my floofy hair, thanks to you, too.

August 10 marked 7 years of Gin & Lemonade. I appreciate all of you groovy people who read my as yet kind of unfocused ramblings, whether we met when we were 5 or 12, 19 or 33, or if we haven’t yet.

Thank you for 7 years, or more.  And here’s to the next 100.

More travel stories coming up, but here’s some of my favourite travel photos, put together.  Spot the difference.

20863692_10155129953624412_76545650396789396_o

It was us, in some kind of alternate Universe. Which is maybe a metaphor for the trip as a whole.

We still love you, New York.

• Reply Beth 22nd August 2017 at 3:31 pm

I’m glad you had a good trip! I can’t wait to hear more!!

• Reply Lorna 22nd August 2017 at 4:40 pm

Epic times…

• Reply The Indecisive Eejit 22nd August 2017 at 5:35 pm

Welcome back, I’m looking forward to reading about your adventures 🙂

• Reply Nicole of What Nicole Wore 22nd August 2017 at 6:44 pm

Glad you were able to enjoy your trip! Congrats on 7 years too, what a huge accomplishment!

• Reply Lorna 23rd August 2017 at 11:01 am

Thank you, looking forward to the next 7! PS. My LBD was purple, ha!

• Reply Ivy 22nd August 2017 at 8:49 pm

Congratulations on 7 years, that’s Great! I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

• Reply anhistorianabouttown 22nd August 2017 at 11:28 pm

I’m so excited to hear about your trip!! And congratulations 🙂

• Reply Lorna 23rd August 2017 at 11:02 am

PS. Thanks for the email, too! xox

• Reply seekandread 23rd August 2017 at 2:46 am

Looking forward to reading more about your adventure. Congrats SeekAndRead | Happy Family Lifestyle

• Reply robin rue 23rd August 2017 at 11:28 am

Glad you had a good time in NY! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

• Reply livanie´s 23rd August 2017 at 11:39 am

Welcome back!!! Seems like you enjoyed your time a lot

• Reply Bria | Tendril Wild 23rd August 2017 at 8:33 pm

I’ve just stumbled onto your blog for the first time, and now I’m reading some of your other posts, like “10 Things I’ve Learned in 7 Years of Blogging.” 7 years is definitely something to be proud of. Congrats!

Also, now I’ve got that song stuck in my head…

• Reply Lorna 23rd August 2017 at 8:37 pm

Thank you Bria (lovely name, btw). And you’re welcome for the song, ha! Realised last night that I made a Cheers/Boston reference on an NY post. Not too smart. But I knew where I was going!

• Reply Patricia 23rd August 2017 at 8:49 pm

wow 7 years! im new in the online world and would love to hear your journey! must be exciting! http://www.crayonized.com

• Reply Amber 23rd August 2017 at 9:38 pm

Congrats on 7 years. So fabulous! I so love NYC! I hope I can go back one day.

• Reply Jerry Peri 23rd August 2017 at 10:15 pm

Thanks for the drink!
    Welcome back…

• Reply parentingpatch 24th August 2017 at 4:30 am

Congratulations on your seven years! I could totally go for sitting in a coffee shop next to a cozy fire with my laptop right now.

• Reply confettiandbliss 24th August 2017 at 4:48 am

Congratulations on 7 years! NYC is fabulous. Whenever I can, I enjoy taking a break, relaxing in a coffee shop and just enjoying the day.

• Reply fattymccupcakes 24th August 2017 at 5:30 am

Can’t wait to read about your adventures! I love New York!

• Reply blanca 24th August 2017 at 11:33 am

7 years is fantastic. Congratulations to you…and since NYC is my home town, I’m a bit biased, but NYC is a wonderful place.

• Reply Ana De-Jesus 24th August 2017 at 1:22 pm

Wow 7 years congratulations on running your blog for so long and I am so glad that you had a good time in New York. I would love to go!

• Reply Kitty 24th August 2017 at 3:01 pm

Congrats on your 7 years.. 😀 I hope you enjoyed your trip to the best 🙂

• Reply nbosken 24th August 2017 at 5:49 pm

Wow congrats on 7 years! And perhaps forgetting your charger was a blessing in disguise. I do know the feeling of wanting to get work done while traveling. However perhaps it was better that you could enjoy your time.

• Reply Ann 24th August 2017 at 6:10 pm

Congratulations on your 7-year-blog-anniversary (if that is even a word, lol?)! I can’t believe you’ve been running this for so long! That is really inspiring. I can barely run a blog and post actively for 1 month haha. How do you find the time!? 7 years is something to be proud of – and hopefully this will give me a kick in the butt and make me want to continue with mine.

• Reply Angela Milnes 24th August 2017 at 6:31 pm

Good for you for really getting to fully enjoy your trip! Now you can get back to what you were doing before it!

• Reply Angela Ricardo Bethea 24th August 2017 at 6:44 pm

Congratulations on your 7 years! It’s a shame you accidentally left your charger but glad that you still enjoyed your trip.

• Reply Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife 24th August 2017 at 8:12 pm

Congrats on your 7 year mark! I hit 7 years blogging back in June it’s crazy to think back to where we started, isn’t it?

• Reply Blair Villanueva 25th August 2017 at 12:16 pm

Congratulations to your 7th year (and counting)! That’s amazing and I believe you had a such wonderful blogging life. I can’t wait for your travel stories 🙂

• Reply tanyatravels 26th August 2017 at 9:12 am

Just read your work for the first time. You have a new follower!

• Reply Lorna 26th August 2017 at 10:28 am

You, too, Tanya! Glad to connect with you!

• Reply zuzuandboo 27th August 2017 at 10:35 am

Lovely blog post! Good to find you, although I think your blog is familiar. I may have found you before, back in the day a few years ago? Anyway, lovely to find you again if that’s the case. I studied in Edinburgh and love the place. Hope you’re enjoying Skye! 😀

• Reply gemmaorton 29th August 2017 at 9:54 pm

Congratulations on 7 years! Wow. I can only hope to last that long. Good job. I really enjoy reading. You have great style 😊