Coffee Talk Writing

Coffee & Fall Vibes

9th September 2018

If we were having coffee, I’d say that when I set last week’s fall-inspired writing prompt, I was feeling particularly cozy. Coffee beside me, soft light from my lamp, boxed in by an old-fashioned filing cabinet. And I had my mountains-in-fall scene as my desktop wall paper.  So, fall writing prompt. And sepia because those are my favorite photos and my favorite people, minus a few newer ones.

I was going to write new words and share them, or find the four page pumpkin story I wrote years ago and share that, or the seven page term paper I once dictated about my Grandparent’s house.

But, I’ve been a little light on the finding, and writing and blogging, because the house has a cold. It’s gone through all three of us, and we all sound wonderful.

And so, no writing to prompt from me. Yet.  Also there’s the whole thing where it isn’t technically Fall yet. Be quiet. It’s my favourite time of year. This and Spring. And June.

But back to the sepia-toned fall memories of last week.

I’d like to thank everyone of you who wrote and linked up, or even just thought about it. I kinda thought I’d be talking to myself. This blogging community is awesome, especially you groovy ginners who read me and think I might have good ideas. Sometimes.

On to this week’s writers, we have:

Photo by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash

Christine’s Keeping Time

Ritu’s Leaves.

(Ritu also named this writing prompt action Lorna’s Ginspiring Writing Prompts. Thank you. Let’s see if that one sticks, ha!)

Lori’s Night Before The First Day of School

Sarah’s Epic Fall

Kim’s Panster vs. Plotter

Christy’s Autumn Trees

Orla’s The Sepia Magician

Debbie’s New Word Order

Sonia’s Half A Life Time Ago

Susanne’s Reflections On Fall

Tiffany’s Remembering Autumn

Thank you all and if I missed anyone, feel free to put me right.

In keeping with the fall vibes, this week write on a fall/autumnal food memory.

I found some food writing tips here and over here.

If you choose to use the prompt, link up to this post, and have fun with it!

How to link:

Highlight the text you want to hyperlink/show up as the link.

Click the link icon in the WordPress editor toolbar.

Paste the link to this post (or any post you want to link to)

Click the gear icon, and select ‘open link in new tab’.

Click the green ‘add link’ button.

The text you selected will now be a hyperlink to the URL you added in the Edit box.

Have a read of other people’s post and the roundup for this week will be posted on Sunday.  Edit: Roundup and new prompt is here!

Happy writing, I look forward to reading your words!

• Reply Ritu 9th September 2018 at 12:25 pm

Wow Lorna, you have a good few responses to the prompt last week!
    I shall be busy checking them out!
    And looking forward to writing the next!

• Reply Ritu 9th September 2018 at 12:26 pm

Oh, and maybe shorten the prompt name to #Gin-spired – whaddya think?

• Reply Lorna 9th September 2018 at 12:29 pm

That too. Longer stuff comes up in searches, but that’s a good tag. Really happy with all the participation. Thank you for starting us off last week, too.

• Reply Ritu 9th September 2018 at 12:32 pm

Most welcome!!!! <3

• Reply Miriam Joy 9th September 2018 at 12:33 pm

I didn’t manage to write a post for last week’s prompt, because I couldn’t come up with any ideas, haha. I’ll see if I do slightly better this time (though honestly, all my food memories are of things I can’t eat anymore because of my ten zillion allergies, which is frankly just depressing).

• Reply Lorna 9th September 2018 at 12:53 pm

Sorry! Maybe you could write about what you miss if it’s not too annoying for you?

• Reply Miriam Joy 9th September 2018 at 1:09 pm

Yeah, I’ll have a think about it! I have no particularly autumnal food associations, but I might be able to come up with something.

(I miss bread. Fresh bakery bread that’s soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside, that you can eat without even putting butter on it because it tastes so good. And jam doughnuts, with sugar all over them. And the crunch of biting into an apple. Hey, that one’s vaguely autumnal, maybe I can use that.)

• Reply Debbie Harris 9th September 2018 at 12:35 pm

Fab efforts by everybody! Love the various memories and interpretations. Thanks for the prompt and follow up post Lorna. 😊 hope you’re all feeling better soon.

• Reply Rebecca Moon Ruark 9th September 2018 at 1:45 pm

Ooo–a food prompt might be right up my alley. Summer in Maryland is too hot to cook; so fall means I can begin again. Been so busy, on deadline for work–hope I can join in. I love this group too–always such smarts and such fun!

• Reply You Can Always Start Now 9th September 2018 at 1:56 pm

this is exciting your writing prompt. Fall is my favorite time of year also. Spring (where I am) pretty well doesn’t happen. We roll winter into summer. I know weird.

• Reply Ritu 9th September 2018 at 2:47 pm

Read all the entries which were great!
    And here is my this week’s effort!

• Reply fancypaperblog 9th September 2018 at 9:15 pm

It is like having a new book to read- love the line up. I have read most already but not all- they were really good. I took a different take to most going with fiction but you know most fiction started as a reality😋 thanks Lorna!!

• Reply Lorna 9th September 2018 at 9:57 pm

LOVED yours.

• Reply johnrieber 10th September 2018 at 12:00 am

I had all the best intentions, and vow to get on the next one I promise – thanks for doing this, it’s a great way to share posts with others!

• Reply Jackie Cangro 10th September 2018 at 2:30 pm

Love the updated look to your site! 🙂

• Reply Lorna 10th September 2018 at 5:32 pm

Thank you! It’s the same, but different. And can I share your prompts from today with the group?

• Reply Jackie Cangro 13th September 2018 at 10:54 pm

That would be wonderful! Please do. 🙂

• Reply rachaelstray 10th September 2018 at 10:33 pm

Hope you’re all feeling better soon!

I’m really enjoying this new weekly prompt. Not sure if I’ll have time to join in yet but definitely will be reading and enjoying!

Rachael | https://rachaelstray.com

• Reply CarolCooks2 11th September 2018 at 6:15 pm

I love the prompt idea but having just got back from a girly few days away I missed it but will go through the responses and hopefully next time …:)

• Reply Lorna 11th September 2018 at 6:43 pm

No, you haven’t missed it. This week’s is open til Saturday. No pressure, though, Carol!

• Reply loristory 13th September 2018 at 9:55 am

You’ve prompted me again! This week I reveal a lot of personal stuff and hope my Mom (who reads my blog) doesn’t get too freaked out!

• Reply ellenbest24 13th September 2018 at 10:53 am

i joined in and sent a ping back, I hope you get it.

• Reply ellenbest24 13th September 2018 at 11:00 am

just in case my ping failed. x https://ellenbest24.wordpress.com/2018/09/13/the-ebb-of-summer/

• Reply Lorna 13th September 2018 at 6:28 pm

Got you! Round up will be up Sunday or Monday depending on where I am. Thank you, Ellen! x

• Reply ellenbest24 13th September 2018 at 6:29 pm

• Reply Gruffalo Crumble – Losing the Plot 14th September 2018 at 5:45 pm

[…] my offering in response to Lorna’s writing prompt this week of a fall food memory. Her site, Gin & Lemonade, with a twist, is definitely worth checking […]

• Reply Miriam Joy 14th September 2018 at 9:39 pm

Just in case it doesn’t ping properly: http://www.miriamjoywrites.com/2018/09/14/the-memory-of-apples/ It came out a bit more depressing than I’d planned, I fear, but that’s how it is sometimes with food!

• Reply Claire Saul (PainPalsBlog) 15th September 2018 at 10:24 pm

Hopefully better late than never after a particularly stressful week – here is mine! https://painpalsblog.com/2018/09/15/a-change-in-season-a-change-in-symptoms-and-foodie-memories/

• Reply Carol Cassara (@ccassara) 24th September 2018 at 3:40 pm

Well, fall is here now and perhaps you’ll find it uber inspiring! It’s my favorite season of all.