Uncategorized

Angry Birds Are Good For Your Relationship

24th February 2011
Angry Birds 27" iMac

I’ve been drinking a lot of tea lately.  I’m still all about the coffee; we got a cafetière at the weekend, so we could try my Dad’s lovely Christmas present from here.  I have to say though; I’ve revised my somewhat scathing opinions of tea since Sarge arrived on the scene.

There are some quite exciting things happening for me, and tea is the only thing that stops my brain from buzzing.  The fact I now ask Sarge to make me tea instead of coffee at night makes me think of other things I’ve changed my mind about over the years.

Sundays – Loved up or not, I hated them until October 2009.  I always read Sunday papers on days that weren’t Sunday and generally pretended there were two Saturdays in my week.  However, Sundays and I are on speaking terms now.

Alan Rickman’s voice – This irrational entry on the List of Stuff that Lorna Doesn’t Like has been corrected by repeat viewings of Dogma and Snow Cake.

Iphones – Mine, specifically.  Before I got it for free, I swore I wouldn’t get one.  That was before GPS saved my nerves and my street cred.  And before Angry Birds added a few more layers to my already solid relationship.  It’s good for communication and problem-solving skills.  ‘Honey, can you beat this stupidly hard level for me?  Thanks, I owe you one. ‘

This stuff is still on the Do Not Like list: discrimination, apathy, vomiting, bad coffee, Neil Diamond and ferrets.  Those are still non-negotiable.

• Reply Erykah McC 24th February 2011 at 8:31 pm

Whats so wrong with ferrets? They don’t belong with apathy thats for sure!

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:08 pm

That depends on whose list you’re looking at.

• Reply Marjory 24th February 2011 at 8:43 pm

I know what you mean about Alan Rickman’s voice. But I got over it quickly and decided it’s just one more unique thing about him that makes him so special. And I adore “Dogma”, although it was never a big hit here and was panned by the critics. Just put “Snow Cake” on my Netflix list. I’ll pretty much watch anything with Alan Rickman in it.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:00 pm

I think you’ll like Snow Cake! It’s one of my relatively recent favourites.

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:04 pm

PS. And any movie in which Alanis Morissette plays God is ok by me!

• Reply karin 25th February 2011 at 12:40 am

LOL! Love it. I’m not a fan of ferrets, either, coz!

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:17 pm

Ever the voice of reason, Karin. 🙂

• Reply Pizza Cottontail 25th February 2011 at 1:41 am

What’s wrong with Neil Diamond?

• Reply LKD 25th February 2011 at 8:15 pm

Nothing, fundamentally. Over-played in my childhood I s’pose. As was Johnny Mathis, who I don’t mind as much.

• Reply Sarah 26th February 2011 at 11:55 am

Ah, Snow Cake! I cried sooooooo much watching that movie, but it was brilliant!

• Reply Birdie 1st March 2011 at 11:34 pm

Alan Rickman’s voice
    I’m ever so glad you’ve seen the light on this one. LOL. Have you listened to him read Sonnet 130???

Snow Cake was brilliant! I’m just sad more people don’t know about it

• Reply Sleepless 5th March 2011 at 9:34 pm

Ah well, I guess we have to change our minds about a few things over the years, so as not to become narrow minded people, which definitely ranks among the non-negotiables on my list.:D Sounds like the things you’ve got left would be hard to suddenly become a fan of however, but I guess you never know.

• Reply faithandstagefright 23rd March 2011 at 6:02 am

Agreed on Neil Diamond … And all the other do-nots too. Great blog! 🙂

• Reply Confessions of a Girl Scout Reject « Gin & Lemonade 14th January 2012 at 3:00 pm

[…] random factoids can be found here, here  and elsewhere within my […]

• Reply How Are You Doing? | Gin & Lemonade 20th April 2012 at 7:54 pm

[…] from the spam, stuff is positive.  Although, someone did think I was too harsh with my hatred of ferrets.  And while I appreciate the likes, I LOVE comments.  Because that leads to discussion.  Don’t […]

• Reply Dear Body, Buck Up. | Gin & Lemonade 18th January 2013 at 9:55 pm

[…] session on Wednesday.  I’d spent the night before with a throwing up bug, which won over my throwing up phobia at least six […]