I’ve never been a good stuffed up person. I’ve never liked taking naps, ask my parents. The last time I slept during the during the day, I’d had all my wisdom teeth out the day before.
Last week, my body was gearing up for my annual cold, and this week it has lashed out.
While I had a towel over my head just above hot water this afternoon, I put together a list of things to do when you don’t do colds:
1. Have your partner/friends bring you cold medicine/cheesecake/tiramisu, without asking them.
2. Call your Dad and say: I have a code in my noeds, and laugh until you lose what little voice you have left.
3. Camp out on the couch, and pretend your Grandma is sitting on the other end of it and your Nana is making you chicken soup in your kitchen.
4. Ration your TV watching, but always make time to watch people yell at other people.
5. Put vanilla essence in your tea, and socks on your feet. The uglier the better.
6. Listen to your go-to music (for me that would be country). If you cry at the sad songs, blame the cold.
7. Read entire books in four-hour jags.
8. Look forward to times you won’t have a cold. Do little things on your to-do list, so you don’t feel like a waster.
9. Take a stroll to shake off the cobwebs. Thank you, gale-force winds.
10. Take funny photos to cheer yourself up.
Join the new Gin & Lemonade newsletter!
Subscribe to get post alerts and other groovy stuff every week!