Uncategorized

Proof Of Pez

28th July 2011

I have a three-day work week.  Thursdays are my Fridays.  In honour of this, I would like to share my most recent internet-find: Princess Bride Bobbleheads.  If I get these, they already have a place beside my Wizard of Oz Pez Set.

Because I really do need more junk inspired by my favourite films.  Obviously.

Do you have any interesting or weird collections?  Or interestingly weird collections?

This is Pez. In my house.

• Reply Pizza Cottontail 28th July 2011 at 10:33 pm

One of my high school acquaintances collected old Pez dispensers. We used to tease him about it but he never gave it up. Last year he sold his collection for a bunch of money and was pretty much able to pay for an extravagent wedding. Who’s laughing now?

I tried to get into collecting first editions of my favorite books books but couldn’t afford to keep up the habit. Maybe I should’ve invested in Pez dispensers instead.

• Reply LKD 29th July 2011 at 4:21 pm

Perhaps I should point out that my mother bought me that set. Because I had Pez once. When I was 9. It’s an investment that I might cash-in in a few years.

• Reply Miriam 29th July 2011 at 4:07 pm

I collect pocket watches, just bought a new one although it’s stopped working (but it’s so beautiful!). I also collect feather pens / dip pens / other calligraphy stuff…. yeah, basically anything old fashioned. Except typewriters, because after reading ‘Misery’ I’m rather scared of manual typewriters.

• Reply LKD 29th July 2011 at 4:31 pm

Funny you should say that. My new ‘thing’ is typewriter key jewelry. To wear, not to make!

• Reply Sundry 30th July 2011 at 2:35 am

Rocks. Not that weird. But I have them around the foundation of our house and I like the way they look.

And, um. Those little labels they put on fruit. I put them in my journal. Or decorate stuff on my desk with them. Like my stapler.

• Reply Marjory 30th July 2011 at 12:25 pm

I collect teapots. Not weird in itself, but I’ve picked up a few interesting ones along the way. My first – and most favorite is the New England Clambake teapot. The pot itself looks like a black and white speckled lobster pot. The lid has the makings for the dinner – lobster, clams and and ear of corn. One of my other favorites is the one where the handle is a mama cat and the knob on the lid is her kitten.

• Reply Hippie Cahier 1st August 2011 at 7:14 pm

You had me at Princess Bride Bobbleheads. What a fabulous thing.

I’ve been thinking it might be fun to start collecting something (small rubber ducks has been on the list), but then I worry that well-meaning friends will start inundating me with them and then, once I’m tired of the rubber ducks already, it will never end.