Uncategorized

What Does Love Sound Like To You?

17th November 2010

This is what it sounds like to me:

1.       The laughter of people I love, especially when I make it happen.

2.       Popcorn popping.

3.       The noises the coffee machine makes while doing its thing.  I happen to think it sounds exactly like a zombie dying.  Not that I’d know exactly what that sounds like.

4.       My new favourite song.  Or old favourite songs.  But my new favourite song is pretty cool. It’s this one.

5.       Instances of friendly sarcasm, and creative swearing.

6.       Well-played bagpipes.

7.       Purposeful foot-steps.  In heels.  In the rain.

Popcorn by me.

8.       ‘Another home-run for the Mets.’

9.       Crickets.  And the sound of a screen door opening to a friend on a summer night.

10.   ‘Hello’. The best beginning there is.

Inspired by:  Top Ten Things I Love To Hear, List It Tuesday, and Art Every Day Month

• Reply Delorfinde 17th November 2010 at 10:49 pm

Bagpipes? Aren’t they the thing that people used to use to murder people that they didn’t like? Wait, perhaps that was accordions ….

• Reply LKD 17th November 2010 at 11:04 pm

I said well-played pipes. 😉

• Reply cocktailsattiffanys 17th November 2010 at 10:56 pm

How does a zombie die? isn’t it dead?

-Lucky

PS. i loved this post!

• Reply LKD 17th November 2010 at 11:06 pm

It sounds so serious, it’s like they’ve died twice. Ha!

Thank you!

• Reply aimee 18th November 2010 at 12:20 am

oh yes! purposeful footsteps – i love that clack clack clack sound!

• Reply LKD 23rd November 2010 at 3:34 pm

Just realised I posted List it Tuesday last Wednesday! Actually lost a day somewhere!

• Reply Kim 18th November 2010 at 1:02 am

I loved this post! Seriously! ^.^

My favorites are 1, 5, & 7.

• Reply RuthG 18th November 2010 at 1:37 am

Now I have to make myself popcorn for dinner! Seriously!

Great list, Lorna!

• Reply LKD 19th November 2010 at 11:59 am

Ruth, I’ve had popcorn for dinner many, many, many times! 🙂

• Reply S.E.Minegar 18th November 2010 at 2:11 am

ooh. popcorn definitely. and slurping the last drop of rootbeer! great list idea! glad i found you!

i’m listing this week too.

• Reply LKD 19th November 2010 at 11:56 am

I love rootbeer! Glad you found me, too. Because it means I found your blog, too!

• Reply Angie 18th November 2010 at 3:59 am

Omg, I love this! Especially the bagpipes. My wife is mostly Italian and Scottish and I’ve heard my fair share of bagpipes and I think they’re beautiful.

The laughter… Coffee brewing… This: “Crickets. And the sound of a screen door opening to a friend on a summer night.” all so TRUE!

• Reply Carol 18th November 2010 at 4:01 am

Love sounds like “do you need your coffee cup filled?”; “can I help you with anything”; “I can share this with you”; “could you help me?”. But the most love-filled sound is the silence in the room as we sit companionably together, each of us doing our own thing.

• Reply Nicole 18th November 2010 at 1:29 pm

What a creative post.. Loved it. 🙂

• Reply LKD 18th November 2010 at 3:05 pm

i was inspired by other creative people!

• Reply broadsideblog 18th November 2010 at 2:18 pm

Bloody gorgeous song. Sob!

• Reply LKD 18th November 2010 at 3:04 pm

I listen to it at least twice a day. First heard The Magnetic Fields version in a car on a road-trip. I really like that one, but I love PG’s!

• Reply Julie Jordan Scott 18th November 2010 at 5:28 pm

I am so grateful you found inspiration here!

“Hello!” the best beginning… yes yes and more yes!!

• Reply ohemgillie 18th November 2010 at 5:37 pm

I love the sound of popcorn. I make mine on the stove top, so when I hear the oil start to sizzle, it’s so exciting to know that the good stuff isn’t far behind. The first few pings of kernels hitting the lid of the pot, and then the big pops all coming in rapid succession – it is the best.

• Reply Priscilla-The Wheelchair Mommy 8th February 2011 at 5:34 pm

#9!! Swoon. I love the sound of a HOT TEXAS summer and my mom’s house has a screen door. Oh, how I miss it!!!

Thanks for taking me down memory lane with that one :_

• Reply shelley 8th February 2011 at 9:30 pm

what a great list, love the sound of hello.. especially when it is someone you weren’t expecting to hear from… and laughter.. those are two great ones! thanks for taking the 31 day challenge with me i hope it brings you great things for your site!
    *waving,
    shelley “the hostess”

• Reply Instant Coffee Tastes Like Mushrooms | Gin & Lemonade 14th April 2012 at 1:43 pm

[…] instant coffee taste like mushrooms.  Fact.  That’s why, as I write this, there is cup of zombie coffee by my side.  Anyway, these are, as ever, coffee-fuelled […]