This is what it sounds like to me:
1. The laughter of people I love, especially when I make it happen.
2. Popcorn popping.
3. The noises the coffee machine makes while doing its thing. I happen to think it sounds exactly like a zombie dying. Not that I’d know exactly what that sounds like.
4. My new favourite song. Or old favourite songs. But my new favourite song is pretty cool. It’s this one.
5. Instances of friendly sarcasm, and creative swearing.
6. Well-played bagpipes.
7. Purposeful foot-steps. In heels. In the rain.
8. ‘Another home-run for the Mets.’
9. Crickets. And the sound of a screen door opening to a friend on a summer night.
10. ‘Hello’. The best beginning there is.
Join the new Gin & Lemonade newsletter!
Subscribe to get post alerts and other groovy stuff every week!